SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Layout Table problem in Dreamweaver 4?

Hello. Working w/ Dreamweaver 4.01 on an iMac G3, OS 9.2.2.

I'm building a table within the cells of which I am placing the text of my resume (located at this link ). When I initially built the table, I set the cellpadding and cellspacing to zero. However, after previewing the file, the lines of text looked too close together. Thus, I have since set the cellspacing to 5 pixels, which seems to have solved my display woes, but a new oddity has arisen.

The table is 760 pixels wide, as the 760x90 top-bar table is nested within the larger page table. I set the resume-table cell widths to specific width settings. When viewed in the Layout Table view prior to adding the 5-pixel cellspacing, the measurements displayed in the Layout Table measurement bar that goes across the top of the table showed one single width measurement for each of the column widths, all of which were set to the size that I had specified in the individual cells. After adding the 5-pixel cellpadding to the whole table, however, I'm now seeing two measurements for each column width. The first, in quotes, is the size that I specified. The second, in parenthesis, is several pixels less. If I use the pulldown menu for each of these measurement and select "Make column widths consistent" on each until all of the parenthetical measurements are gone, various columns collapse or grow, causing the location of the text to shift undesirably.

I have inserted a 1x1.gif shim in each of the empty cells to which I have assigned a specific width, so I don't know what the problem is. Hoping that one of you does know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-JZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks fine to me

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it does to me too.
    Ever thought about using <p align="justify">?
    Page looks much nicer with it.