SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QR code campaign management website

We just recently re-launched our website for our QR code campaign management and point-&-click mobile web page generator.

linkblots - Mobile Website, QR Code & Mobile Video Creation, Management, Delivery

I would love some feedback not only on the website, but also the UI for the management tool - it is free to sign up and use.

With regard to QR codes we feel it is very important to keep some basic best practices in mind when deploying QR code mobile campaigns. It is important to me to know the site is communicating this message loudly and clearly.

#1 Mobile-optimized landing pages

#2 Value exchange with the consumer for scanning (mobile coupon, discount offer, unique content, etc)

#3 Use a QR code campaign management tool to create, manage and track usage (to improve the user experience!)

We would also love some feedback on the front end for the signup process.

Thanks in advance for your reviews.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good, you might think about adding nice logo and change fonts type. Just suggestion!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MusicBox - yes, we have that option in the works.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calvert Design,

The design of this website is average. The process that you describe in the front page, communicates how easy you can make the process of creating a mobile website, using and tracking marketing campaigns through QR codes.

I believe you do not need a fancy or busy design for this website. However, the fact that you are marketing to mobile internet users and QR code users, which "I" associate to younger generations, I believe your design lacks... mmm... shine for lack of a better word.

It would be difficult and tie consuming for me to describe what would give spark to your design. I guess some examples would be better:

www_boostmobile_com this example, which target mobile users, uses a lively and fun front page. Not much to crawl downward

www_tweetdeck_com this other example appears fun and enticing too. for the mobile market that is.

I want to note that the dark colors of these sites is not what appeals to me, but rather their layout and fun graphics.

Only my honest opinion.

Bests,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks good, very good. It is clean and simple.
    I might suggest that you make the site logo, with the QR code, larger. It would be nice for a user who didn't know anything about the site to see a QR code right there when they stumble onto the page.

Also, your bullet list
    Point-and-Click Mobile Web Pages
    QR Code Campaign Management
    Hosted mobile video and photo slideshows WITH mobile transcoding
    Dynamic ad insertion
    could be styled differently, to look less like a list, and more like advertising points. Think a yellow box with jagged corners to really draw attention to your main points about what your site can do.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few things I think need changing:
    - the iphone graphics show on my screen (ie8/winxp) with just the edge of someones fingers, not sure if this is as intended but either way I think you would be better off with just the iphone without the hand
    - your feature list is too long, just pick out the 3-5 key problems it solves for your customers rather than the features
    - I would try and get your plans down to be in the 3-5 range, with 6 it just feels a little too much
    - I would re do the how it works section design as the balance doesn't feel right. The numbers are a little too big and the screenshots don't really communicate anything

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

My observation for the website are :

1) The header does not look very attractive and the links placed in the header can be more styled.
    2) The Contact Us page has way too much data than what should be present and it seems to be cluttering the relevance of that page
    3) The data regarding press and features seems to have been duplicated on all the pages in entirety which is not really required. You can atleast divide that data in parts and give a link like "more" or "see all"
    4)The footer seems to be almost empty.
    5)Also the footer is not consistent on all the pages
    6) The sign in page seems completely out of place
    7) The logo in the header should be clickable and should point to the homepage

Regards
    Pradeep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good:

The design is easy to navigate
    I like the steps

The Can be Improved:

The logo somehow doesn't match I feel
    There is something about the bright teal color and the middle dark colors of the site that bother my eyes (like it doesn't flow somehow) Maybe its that red color that isn't working with the whole color palette

Just those things which are pretty minor to fix, all in all its pretty good though. Good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my take

The Good:

- I like the colors and the layout

- The video is a good feature

- The steps are great

The Bad:

- On the front page, what I would consider the main content has a white background. If you go to other pages, the entire background is grey. I would change them to be white

- I agree with @blazzar, the graphic of the fingers holding the phone would be better if more of the fingers are shown

- I agree with @pradeep_ddit, the sign-in page is out of place. Even if the site is a billboard for the back end structure, that should be fixed.

Action Items

- Change the rest of the pages to have white backgrounds or the front page to have an all grey background

- Divide the example page into a few separate images for quicker loading

- If possible, link to the pages that mention your service in the testimonials so people can read for themselves

Hope this helps

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QR codes help you get information about exhibitors and also profile information of all the attendees or speakers of your event. What users can do is to capture the QR codes on their cell phones and they will be immediately taken to the concerned website or websites for more information about events. One can also identify his current location and get directions towards the venue of the event he wants to attend using QR codes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change the font of the logo--it doesn't match the website. Also get rid of the 90s blue hyper link default color and go for maybe an orange or a matching shade of blue. The Footer also is too bright, I'd go for a darker gray at the bottom.

The tables page in plans and pricing is also very plain. I'd add some graphics with gradients in it to balance it out with the rest of the website.