User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast idoogleceo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this font?

What is this font?

I have tried everything from Arial, Helvetica, Arial Black, Impact, etc....I cannot seem to figure out what font this is.

If anyone can tell me, and tell me where to get it (preferably free) it would be greatly appreciated.

I have included a sample of the font.

Mods:
    If this is in the wrong section, please move it to the appropriate section.
    AvidNewMedia - Premium NAC bandwidth
    [Shared Solutions] [Private Label Reseller Solutions] [Dedicated Solutions]
    Instant Account Setup! Signup Today!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is probably one of those fonts that you have to pay to download, but you can find many free ones at the following websites.

www.acidfonts.com
    www.1001freefonts.com

There are some others as well, just search Google for "free fonts" and you should come across some. Hope you find your font!

SitePoint Enthusiast idoogleceo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol....thanks.

I mean I wouldn't mind paying, if it's a pay font. I'm just preferring free....lol

I have checked both font sites out previously, but there is tons to sift through for the exact font that I need, if it's even there.

Thank you for your help though.
    AvidNewMedia - Premium NAC bandwidth
    [Shared Solutions] [Private Label Reseller Solutions] [Dedicated Solutions]
    Instant Account Setup! Signup Today!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.spoono.com

They might possibly have it. Go into their fonts section and then into their "pixel fonts" section. I hope you can find it in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is likely to be Helvetica Compressed or Extra Compressed which are very popular fonts for web menus.

They are both pay fonts and are available from Linotype and Adobe for around $20.

That is the most accurate match you are likely to find (as it probably *is* one of the two Helvetica options I've mentioned.)

--

However, if you take a look at Impact then you may feel that it is close enough.
    Impact is also a pay font, but it is also bundled for free** with many pieces of software.
    It is certainly available with OSs.
    (** Bundled fonts are not free per se, but are given away free *as part of the price of the software*.)
    (i.e. they are not free on their own.)

There is a possibility that you may have a copy on your hard drive already as it is supplied with Windows, Mac OS and certain Unix OSs.

Fwiw, I think it may also be bundled with some browsers (free to download) and also (I think) with Adobe Acrobat Reader (which is also free to download.)

p.s.
    It's unlikely to be a pixel font as the example shown has anti-aliasing (smoothed edges) which is totally uncharacteristic of pixel fonts.

Hope this helps
    New Plastic Arts: Visual Communication | DesignateOnline

Mate went to NY and all he got me was this lousy signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're on a PC, have a look for the "Compacta" fontset. It should be a default fontset included with the Windows OS. (but i'm not 100% on that, so don't quote me)

If using all caps like the example, it's almost too close to call. There are some teenytiny differences... but nothing you're going to even notice -- or care about -- at that size.

Hope that helps.