SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Are Profile Backlinks Really Effective?

    Anyone do profile links for backlinks? Are they effective in gaining ranking or is it not worth the time spent?

  2. #2
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not effective. Its spam. Those that do it are parasites abusing other people web properties.

    The only people who think its effective are those either selling the service or who have invested a lot of time and money in doing it.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profile backlinks are not much appreciated by Google, they are actually taken as a spam by Search Engines. For quick ranking and limited ranking purpose its fine

  4. #4
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backlinks coming from profile pages can only benefit you if they are coming from good resources and you are having good activities over there. The biggest problem with profile pages is that, they never get indexed very easily.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member EmilyParkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profile links can be of value for two reasons:

    1. They bring direct traffic - but you have to provide value on the forums, otherwise your posts will get flagged as spam and you'll get banned quickly.

    2. They provide link juice - they ARE valuable as backlinks, eventhough not as much as other types of backlinks.

  6. #6
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyParkinson View Post
    2. They provide link juice - they ARE valuable as backlinks, eventhough not as much as other types of backlinks.
    What a load of absolute nonsense. They provide no link juice!!! Are you one of the low life parasites that uses them, abusing other peoples web properties?

  7. #7
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly do you mean by profile links? Do you mean the website link coming from your unique profile page in a forum or the signature links in every posts?

  8. #8
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your actual question, I personally dont think they effect your sites ranking. However, profile backlinks could be used for fast indexing.
    If you are going to use this method, don't spam, at least become a true member of these forums and participate and give something back.
    100s of Ways to make money online @ MoneyPantry
    Looking for honest web hosting reviews? Check out HostDispatch

  9. #9
    Non-Member vampiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backlinks are not good as compared to other SEO methods. They are sometimes destructive to the site being promoted. They are spamming other sites.

  10. #10
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blogstash.com View Post
    However, profile backlinks could be used for fast indexing. .
    Care to explain how that actually works? Given that the vast majority of profiles do not even get indexed or a nofollow's, how can that actually lead to fast indexing?

  11. #11
    SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp View Post
    Are you one of the low life parasites that uses them, abusing other peoples web properties?
    Let's hold up on the name calling.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Evangelist MrCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't hold any value in SEO in my opinion. They don't even get indexed unless you ping them.
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

  13. #13
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCat View Post
    They don't even get indexed unless you ping them.
    ...which just confirms how useless they are!

  14. #14
    SitePoint Enthusiast jamhassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used profile links for 3 month 50 links for each week . after creating 600 profile links not 5 of them are indexed don't use them any more Please . just work on quality backlinks , High PR with Dofollow attribute . Please . i am a victom of profile links .

  15. #15
    SitePoint Enthusiast welcome_alexray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they are completely useless until they are coming from a very good resource. Anyways the site get a backlink which is worth important.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Addict wardcosbyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have actually asked this question before here after I got a "link packet" from another forum. Thought it would work. Created a lot of profile links and guess what happened next, a lot of them were just deleted. Ignore this strategy. For serious!

  17. #17
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have removed the argument from this thread. Friendly debate is fine. Argument is not. If you can't be civil to each other, this thread will be closed.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  18. #18
    SitePoint Addict wardcosbyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I have removed the argument from this thread. Friendly debate is fine. Argument is not. If you can't be civil to each other, this thread will be closed.

    Sorry if I have to be a little off topic here, but I'm glad you did that. I don't really like something like that either. Been bullied here in the past and it wasn't really a good feeling.

  19. #19
    SitePoint Enthusiast VideoWhisper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backlinks have positive or no impact.
    Don't know of any real cases where backlinks have lowered a site's traffic or rankings.

    If you find any let me know so we can buy some of these negative backlinks for our competitors

  20. #20
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not effective in bringing quality traffic to your site. How ever, you should put links to your sites on all your profile pages as part of your normal activity online. When you make constructive comments in forums or blogs people will click your links.

  21. #21
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with the new panda update google does not like them very well. There are very spammy and lost of forums are gettng away from this because of the software out there that will do thousands a day.

  22. #22
    SitePoint Enthusiast zelthost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think huge traffic get from profile backlink. But do not get any rank from there.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profile backlink is not all for SEO. But they have geed effect in SEO.If you are abashed of getting penalize again its bigger to point your profile links to your web 2.0 properties that link to your site. This way your site wont get penalize directly.

  24. #24
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrBiztech View Post
    Profile backlink is not all for SEO. But they have geed effect in SEO.If you are abashed of getting penalize again its bigger to point your profile links to your web 2.0 properties that link to your site. This way your site wont get penalize directly.
    So, I should create a whole lot of profile links to my competitors to get them penalized?

  25. #25
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    pakistan
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i personally notice that these type of backlinks have not effective..i think the reason is that these backlinks have low quality backlinks.because these backlinks coming from your personal profile page and your personal profile page never get any page rank.and also these backlinks never get indexed very easily.
    Last edited by addy80; Aug 9, 2011 at 18:57. Reason: grammer mistak


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •