SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking what if you bring the search box down a little more and to the right of it, somewhere to the center of the content you could put something like. "Join us" or "Continue Adventure" in place of register and Login. Just a thought. Or seeing that you factored in some blank space to either side of your content what about 2 little buttons there for register and login or possible you could get those hanging buttons that attach on to the side of the page and you can access it at any time.
    Just some thoughts. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the idea. Sounds good. I still need to have a play around with all that. I think I may have to leave login | Register up the top left and do what you have said otherwise it could be misleading.
    Thanks for the the thoughts

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, I like the simplicity but I think you could make a little better use of space. The layout seems thinner than it needs to be, especially the news and products section.

- The Google Ad colour scheme stands out a little too much, and remove the text stating their google ads, people don't like ads, so make them subtle by making the background match your colour scheme and people are less likely to avoid them - and with any luck click on them!

- The new / newer / older / oldest seems a complete waste of time and can't really see many people using it, maybe sort by newest first, oldest first, most commented etc.

- On your CMS the date is year first, perhaps a little unlogical and may be easier to read in dd/mm/yy format. Also showing the time is a little irrelevant.

- The store page 'Cart' button looks as though its in the wrong place (using Opera), and you should advertise the fact that your using paypal and is secure, accepts all major credit cards etc.. A lot of people, including me are wary about buying things from not known websites so make the customer feel safe.

Other than those minor things I like it!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks very user friendly and the blue is really calming. I will criticize the layout though. the site looks very slapped on . I mean you can see the layout, but i would prefer few boxes for the content and menu here and there. I would also like to bring up the news and such from lower end. I mean imo logo is bit too big and all the posts/news are left below and a user is hardly gonna scroll down to view it (lets be honest people are THAT lazy).

However site is user friendly enough, I mean it got me looking around ,and thats the most important thing isn't it ? Draw the user into the site. Best of LUCK !

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while it's a marked improvement on the last time I saw it, now it's gone too far the other direction with fist-in the face massive text, combined with still having a 'crappy little stripe' fixed width layout... it's causing the headers to 'break' in appearance in several places...

The padding also seems a bit willy-nilly and nonsensical.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cute logo design, content is easily to follow and read. I'd recommend using some keywords in the title apart from "Home" for search engine reasons.

Use keywords like Software, Games and Website Creators