SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many web host that are most popular around world so i will suggest you to choose from some such type of web host like : Hostgator, Go daddy, Blue Host, Quick host. These are the most popular hosting companies so i will suggest you to choose any only from here.

SitePoint Enthusiast IamOnStage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Host Papa, with no complaints to their customer service or their benefits they offer with the package. Suits me fine.

What I am worried about is I am the first here to mention HostPapa! Is there a reason for that, are they known for anything bad?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Quality services and better performance choose the best alternative for web Hosting, so I'll recommend you to use www iChooseHosting in

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lavinbatra View Post
    There are many web host that are most popular around world so i will suggest you to choose from some such type of web host like : Hostgator, Go daddy, Blue Host, Quick host. These are the most popular hosting companies so i will suggest you to choose any only from here.
    Quick host? They definitely don't compare with the other names you mentioned. Those are huge hosts, with huge advertising budgets that dominate the shared hosting market. Quick host is comparatively speaking, almost non existent.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Zealot coloradojaguar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anandsoft has a good list. The top ten lists are usually geared towards who paid for the top position on the list. Check out user reviews. My top requirements are longevity of the company and their customer service. I hate moving all my things over because a company has disappeared.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anandsoft View Post
    You can check out these:
    1. Hostgator
    2. Jaguarpc
    3. pair.com
    4. terabyte.com

Checkout the following if you like to use cloud platform:
    laughingsquid.us (they use rackspacecloud.com)
    hostway.com (cloud hosting)

Had bad experience with the following:
    godaddy.com (slow speed)
    yahoo web hosting (email spam, slow)
    ixwebhosting (no cron jobs, sendmail problems, etc.)
    I agree with this list but id put jag 1st on my list

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can certainly recommend you a hosting provider.

As always, I first of all recommend MediaTemple, also known as (mt). They are a bit more expensive than lower cost providers, but you can choose package depending on what you need. Their relatively new service (ve) is a great bare-bones VPS with the OS you select. This is a great, cheaper alternative you can choose if you don't need a control panel such as Plesk. I've used this, and it's very nice.

If you are less comfortable with command line server management, they have the (dv) package. I use that one right now since they had not released the (ve) when I signed up years ago. (dv) includes Plesk Control Panel and is an easy VPS to manage. Their support is usually great (at least for their VPS solutions), and the quality is fantastic. Good knowledge-base with documentation.

A cheaper alternative, and fairly unknown, is 5ite.com which I found a few months ago. They have very fast Skype support, their VPS's are fast, and you can choose between a US or European data center. I've been very happy with them so far.

Not sure about GoDaddy as I've never used their VPS. I keep most of my domains there though, and for that purpose they work very well, aside from the million checkboxes and add-ons during checkout.

However, there are many good VPS providers out there and you'll get many, many different recommendations, most of which work well. As with so much else, once you have a list of recommended options that offer what you need, it simply boils down to personal preference.
    Daniel Nordstrom. of. Nintera(ctive)
    -- Featured post: Part 2. Writing NI.JS JavaScript
    ----- Follow me on Twitter. Got project? Contact me.
    -------- SitePoint: Community Guidelines Be A Great Member

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should visit this site godaddy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with hostgator and very pleased with them. As for the top x hosts sites, as someone already mentioned, I don't find them reliable. I'd rather read 2-3 forum topics about it and make an idea than trust a list created on god knows what criteria.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can explore webhostingtalk.com forum
    in this forum you can find many people talking about good and bad web hosting provider
    so far, i recommend you hawkhost and stablehost, both of these web hosting providers got a lot of positive reviews there