User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review my site Builder

Hi all,

I am building a website builder app, this app is used to build a game website.

Users can build a website to store flash games they like, share for their friends, play games on it ...

Now i need to know everybody thinks about this app, its features, design ...

So i hope you will tell me your opinions about this app.

and this is demo ( a site is created by this app ): DEMO

Thanks for reading and replying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you need professional logo and links in footer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well first thing first I guess, when I first entered your site I didn't really understand right away that your site was for creating arcade sites.
    Think you should have a big header with a title like "Create your free arcade site now!" or something.

You also need to fix the logo, I know logos are really hard to make but this one needs a remake, or when you get to the sandbox there is a better logo why not use that one on the front page as well? And skip that weird S that don't really look like an S.

Also when I clicked the "play now" link it opened the game in a new window, any special reason for this?

Otherwise the theme looks good enough for people wanting it for the website but can't create there own.

So over all the site is good, but the front page needs some more work I think.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to Musicbox and Bhjorth: thank both of you.

You right, maybe I should do something for front page. The first visitors seem not to understand my idea.

I replaced a new logo with a weird S, not exactly S, i created it when i drew an egg with 2 dots. I do not intend to use it but i have not created better one.

and about opening new window when click on "Play Now", I also fix it, it's not a special reason, just an omission.

Up to now my system has some templates for created sites, i will add more templates and also give solution for who want a unique template.

SitePoint Enthusiast fastreplies's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing, I found myself spending about 15 minutes on your site...
    I will describe my experience as: your site is very contagious, and that will translate into interest and traffic.

Very good concept.

fastreplies

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "site builders" -- *SHUDDER* -- usually these output rubbish... let's see if this is any different.

Just going over the sample page...

endless pointless wrapping div, clearing div like it's still 1998, presentation inlined in the markup, bold tags doing heading tag's job, form elements without a fieldset or labels, span instead of label, more pointless div around things with inlined style, little to no scripting off graceful degradation, jquery bloat, and a horrifically large 77k of HTML for 1.6k of plaintext and 30 or so content images...

... and that's before we talk the uselessly small fixed metric fonts and total disregard for accessibility norms.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @fastreplies, deathshadow60: thanks your opinions, I will try hard to make it better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i have seen in your website a good potential.

I have used chrome and firefox, no format errors find.

You have to improve quality and size of your logo, better feel with centered, larger and clean logo.
    Good theme layout, there is too much empty space under menus "newest sites" and "popular sites", probably login menu fit better in the middle of page to have more visibility.

Your domain should be clean at the home page, the subdirectory "my" is superfluous.
    Google custom search do the job but in my opinion doesn't give professional appeal to site, if you want in the future use your own engine search.

With some corrections your site could be interesting for many users on the net, best wishes !

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea does seem interesting and if executed properly could lead to something really big. Some of the things I thought could use some improvements are;

Site name: Sandygame - sounds like someone's blogspot page. You should go with a name that has a game site sound to it (i.e. gamebox, joybox, etc.)

Frontpage design: The first thing I saw when I landed on your site are different categories of games available on your site. This gave me the impression that the site is just another arcade site rather than a create your arcade page site. I don't think you really need to list all those game categories. Have a look at www.facebook.com the front page has a simple message stating the purpose of the site and a sign up form. You should aim for a similar intro page - a simple intro text or video tour and signup - maybe even 4 or 5 examples of member's site created using the platform.

Advertisement: The site is still under development but you have already plastered it with ad banners. If ad banners will be your primary source of revenue, then you should save them for created sites not have them on even the front page. This will chase people away

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i would think your footer need some work on it. It would be great if you can show out your sitemap under the footer.
    People tend to search for important msg either at the top or at the bottom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background image is pretty nice, I love it. The logo on the other hand needs some more work. Not only it's not a well 'branded' one, but it's not crisp and clean as it should be. It looks 'pixelated' and has too many colors that don't go well. Or, if they did work together, you'd need to repeat them somewhere in the design, so that it's a consistent design.

I'd also put some intro information, I don't know what your site does or how you'd entice me to use your resources.

Otherwise, I like it. Maybe make the content background a lighter grey, but that's just me being picky.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @yogohard, onedee, bedum, dojo: Thanks all of you.

I am considering your ideas, I am discussing with my team about design of the site. About Advertisement in demo sites, I just wanna demonstrate for visitors see what they can do with my site: make a site to store game they like, play games, put advertisements, can have unique theme ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. SEO wise you could make a few changes. Title tag is too long. 70 characters or less including spaces.
    H1 heading is too long also. 70 characters and no more than 10 words. Create a 301 direct for one of your domains.
    the "naked" domain and the www address reside at 2 different places. Combining the 2 will help SEO.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I liked the premise of the site. I will say that I did not totally understand what the site was for until I read some of the posts above. Maybe helping users understand the intended purpose a little more clearly would be good. Spell out the aim and benefits better on the main page.