SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which works best for u... Pay Per Lead or Pay Per Sale

I've heard that many people are having good results with pay per lead programs than pay per sale programs. Which one works great for you.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends.

As much as we all hate that answer when asking a simple question, it's the truth. Pay-per-lead would seem superior. After all, people are much more likely to sign up for free services than costly ones.

However, I've had good results with both. It depends on your site, your advertiser, and how you present the ad. For instance, GoToMyPC works great for me, both the pay-per-lead and pay-per-sale, because it caters toward my market. Also, the free trial is very inticing, and many people sign up for it.

I would suggest that you don't determine advertisers based on the ad method. Instead, choose whichever ads seem best catered to your audience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Divide your commision over a period of time w/ the number of clicks. That's how much you earn per click. Pick campaigns similar to ones that have a high EPC (Earnings per click).

Simple Answer: depends on the ad as DPC said.

Owen

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a lot depends on the type of site you have -a commerce site for example would do well with pp sale

my site however is more suited to sign ups ie leads