SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to announce new features?

Hi guys:

We are about to launch a bunch of new features on our site and would like some ideas on how to promote these new features. Here is what we've come up with so far:

1: Email note to members
    2: Press release on new features
    3: PPC ads
    4: writing articles about how the features could be used to help our members

Can you guys think of any other venues or promotions which could help?

Thanks...Chris
    Thanks...Chris
    ---
    Need Expert Advice? Go to AdviceTrader, where 1700+ advisors can
    bid on, or quote a price for, answering your questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it very much depends on the type and nature of your site. I personally would wait and introduce it in my biweekly newsletter which goes out to several thousand subscribers. If it was significant, I would also mention it on my main page in a small area at the top where I promote features within the site. It also doesn't hurt to put a "new" tag next to the feature so members recognize that. But there isn't a way that will work best for everyone since it varies from site to site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Announcing new features can be done in several ways I guess. Some of the most basic which seem to be working well for me are:

- Add news items / blogs on new features. You might want to introduce your visitors to the idea of the new features before they are actually being used. So tell them what to expect (and when to expect it).

- Add a NEW! prefix to the feature.
    I Make No Apology For Linking My Thinking With Computer Technology - Maxi Jazz

phpGG: Dutch PHP Community WIP

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your audience, consider placing ads in ezines your members/customers read. You could also swap ads if you do an e-newsletter.

Claudia
    http://www.writewerks.com
    copy, content and e-marketing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also create attention-getting ads for just the specific feature and put them on areas of your site.
    + Celica =
    6G Celicas :: My '94-99 Toyota Celica resource

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to agree with the earlier posted msg, that waiting till it all ready to launch...then release thru your newsletter feature...

A method i found quite useful is keep building up the hype of our new launch weeks in advance that way your users will also be anticipating the big launch.

to make the launch even more succesful, perhaps offer some kind of prizes to mark the special launch...

The key is to have intimate relationship with your users that way they feel as much as part of the site....

Hopefully this helps