User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorcycle classes

What do you think of saddleupva.com?

How is finding the signup? Does it lead you to the checkout process?

Are the colors and design ok?

The goal is to get people to purchase a class. How would you improve the site to increase signups?

thank you!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digiweb View Post
    How is finding the signup?
    First thing I would do is move the signup button higher on the page. Or even better- add another signup button somewhere near the top. That way people can get to your signup process without having to hunt for the signup button. It should translate into more signups

Quote Originally Posted by digiweb View Post
    Are the colors and design ok?
    The blue links would flow better if they were the pink color found in your buttons or the orange found in the logo. I would probably go with pink as that color conveys action in your design, but it might make your buttons not stand out as much. That's a tough call, I would play with it and see what works best.

Cheers!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @lifeindev - omg so strong but so missing! Implemented already. Thank you so much.

Looking forward to more feedback!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get a scrollbar at 1280 x 1024 latest firefox win vista

try red or something like #BB0000 for links

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not an expert so my reviews are pretty informal and i hope helpful.

first impression: the text makes it look dated. Something about that font reminds me of the internet from 1995. my opinion of course, what about Verdana font?

your logo (MRC in orange) can afford not to be pixelated as much. every one has good internet connections these days, watching HD youtube clips, so your brand logo can definitely afford to be a perfect image with little (read: no noticeable) pixelation.

http://www.saddleupva.com/sitemap-google
    not found^^^

font colour for the days on this page could be white
    Rider Training Calendar

can't actually see much wrong with your site. it seems to function like it needs to. Im sure that if i was in your area, wanting lessons, i would be happy to contact you for lessons.

you could always go above and beyond and make an amazing site with videos and reviews from clients, but as it stands yous site does the job.

that brings a good point, you should have lots more reviews from people who took the course.

also people are lazy, so a video clip that summarizes your site in 30 seconds would be nice!

SitePoint Enthusiast purple skunk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site that works and communicates the message well. I agree with mattsdrumlessons though on your choice of fonts. You should try using "arial" instead of "Times New Roman" I think it is you're currently using. It will look a lot cleaner.

Your "Motorcycle class registration" button in the main menu has a piece missing in the top left corner (When it's red).

I would also make your phone number more clearly visible and have it on ALL pages.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, first of all I love the header section. Nice and effective.

When we start to go down I feel that there is a bit too much space and the font size selection seems to be a little bit too big. I am also not too keen on green colors.

I would also recommend a navigational bar on the right and maybe left hand site to give the site a more complete feeling. You can place a few ads and maybe a few widgets there to make the site look richer.

Best of luck with the site.

Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi digiweb,

The landing page says there are classes in Fairfax and Dumfries, however, I can only see classes for Dumfries VA.

When it says "class date" it should state clearly "Friday" along with the month-day-year and hour of day.

For a class that is no longer accepting registrations I noticed that there is a note about this on the overview page. There is also a note at the very bottom of the class page itself. Perhaps you should say something about this in the upper right corner of the class page too. That's where the "sign up" button normally is. Had I book marked this yesterday when it was still available and come back today, I'd be utterly confused. "Where'd the sign up button go?"

Everywhere you have the circular "sign up" icon perhaps you should also put a normal form looking "purchase" button too. Some people may not realize they can click the circular link.

I think it is cool that it is run by off-duty police officers. Perhaps state this at the very top:

"Get Motorcycle Rider Training from off-duty police officers and your Virginia Motorcycle License in Northern Virginia (VA)."

Where are your testimonials? Where is your money back guarantee (or policy)? Any video of the instructors available?

Wait you do have videos! they are tucked away:

Motorcycle Training Videos

Perhaps make one of those videos embedded at the top of the landing page instead of the photo of the instructor packing heat in his side pocket.

Where is the incentive to buy today? If the price is always $295 I'm not in any rush.

I'm nitpicking here. If I wanted to get a motorcycle license I'd probably call this place first and if I liked the vibe I'd sign up on line.

-- Aaron Rosenzweig
    <snip/>
    Last edited by Mittineague; Jul 29, 2011 at 23:17. Reason: Please use your signature for your links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi digiweb,

I just found your testimonials:

https://www.saddleupva.com/rider-training-testimonials

Do you have a way to mark in your database which ones you think are extra good? You could then randomly pick one of those to display prominently on the landing page. There could then be a small link to "read more" and see all testimonials.

You might consider giving people some incentive to blog or link back to you. Perhaps a $20 gift certificate at the Harley Davidson store. Maybe a T-shirt with your company name on it. You could also link back to their web site in your testimonials. That also gives credibility since it is on a site you don't control.
    -- Aaron Rosenzweig
    Chat 'n Bike

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent feedback from all, thank you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your header part of the website looks good. You used good green color, good logo and circle buttons. The background also goog, but I think you need to improve your content area. I suggest you to change white color and font style, try something more creative.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impression it looks good!

Image in header stands out well, and was the first part of the page that grabbed my attention, good work!

Your "motorcycle class registration button" has a design break, in that the left hand edge is broken showing part of the red rounded section but also shows the square green corners.(Viewed on windows through the latest Firefox browser)

On your bullet point list on your resistration page under the header:
    "We provide you with", make sure you capitalise the first letter of each <li> tag.