SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my media kit

I could use any comments or suggestions. Of course, if you are working on a media kit yourself and see any parts in mine that you'd like to use, feel free to borrow!

Who are we?
    Adventure Gamers.com is the largest and most popular destination for anyone interested in computer adventure games. Whether you’re an experienced gamer, or new to the genre, Adventure Gamers’ authoritative reviews will help you in your game purchasing decisions. Our web site also provides previews, daily updated news and special feature articles. Our discussion forums are a buzz with activity, where gamers (and a few professional game developers) debate the merits of their favorite games, recommend titles to each other and discuss numerous game related topics.

Adventure Gamers has been around since 1998 and has been quoted on numerous box covers and in magazines. It has appeared twice on European (National) Television, appeared in two industry-related books and is a frequent news source for gaming sites including GameSpot, Blue’s News and Voodoo Extreme.

In other words, Adventure Gamers is where you’ll want to get your message out.

Demographics & Site Statistics
    Adventure Gamers.com has recently been re-launched. As such, these figures are growing fast as we speak. They have already doubled since our reopening on May 11, 2002. At this rate we expect to reach 3,000 daily uniques early next year.
    Month Uniques total Hits total Uniques daily average
    Apr 2002 19,034 531,476 614
    May 2002 27,745 346,997 895
    Jun 2002 29,450 824,232 950
    Jul 2002 35,774 241,014 1,154
    Aug 2002 36,549 827,327 1,179

1,200 gamers are registered at our discussion forum and well over 2,000 of our visitors are subscribed to the Adventure Gamers email bulletin. Our readers are loyal, well- educated and very affluent.

[I'm going to insert an age breakdown here as soon as I have it. Will gather more demographics later, when I have a contest or survey or something...]

Advertising Options
    At Adventure Gamers, we don’t just provide the ad space. We will be thinking along with you and providing vital ad statistics. If needed we can even assist in writing copy or designing banners. While we provide a couple of basic options, we support banners in any format (graphic, flash, html) in any IAB ad size standard*. Also, we will listen to any advertising, promotional or sponsorship related proposal you may have.

* http://www.iab.net/standards/

The most popular ad option on our site is the tower ad just under our left menu. Thanks to its size and position, it generates very good results.
    We also recommend text ads at the top of the community forums pages. They are less intrusive than graphic ads and manage to get very good results. Forum ads are your best option for community messages and viral promotion.

[insert: 2 graphics showing our 5 ad positions on the site]

Pricing
    We currently have a monthly inventory of around 80,000 ad views. We charge between $2,50 and $3,60 CPM (cost per 1000 views) depending on ad type and position. (Please contact us for a personal quotation.)

Testimonials
    ”… hands down the most professional and best looking adventure game site around."
    Beverly Cambron, Got Game Entertainment

"… sites like Adventuregamers.com have allowed us to get our message out to the gamers that are truly interested in adventure games."
    - Marshall Zwicker, VP Sales & Marketing, Dreamcatcher Interactive

"Keep the adventure genre going with your continued good work!"
    Anne-Marie Huurre, Women Wise Interactive

“I personally really like AG very much, well written reviews in a genre the deserves more attention.”
    - Jakob Nyman, Daydream Software

[line break]

AdventureGamers.com can offer superior value and incredible flexibility in reaching the 19-39 year old, well- educated, affluent audience. Our experienced staff will work with you to create unique programs tailored to meet your needs. If you would like to know more details about your opportunities for advertising on AdventureGamers.com, please contact us at: marek@adventuregamers.com or +31 xxxxxxx …
    Tell me what you think!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part, it looks good. Just one suggestion...

Because you cater to gamers, you may have trouble finding advertisers, through no fault of your own; they're simply not popular among advertisers. So I would suggest finding out the average age and income if possible, and anything else that might reassure advertisers that your visitors are interested in purchasing anything.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have seen statistics on game site advertising income and it's very, very bad.
    When we hold our next survey or contest, I am definately going to gather demographic info.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably best. Advertisers like to know a lot about the audience their ad is reaching before acting, especially in a market that has a history of poor performance.

Good luck.