SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colors don't matcha.Buttons are too big. But overall design is good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the colors presented there. I viewed your site with FireFox and I noticed that the wording web design ( in the top header ) moved into the tool bar area. And it looks like the word web design is made to look like one word, did you want it like that?

Also according to SEO this page is not index-able as the URL of the current page contains canonical set to [/index.php] Others here can explain if this is a problem or not ....that is above my pay scale sorry.

Also under Community of ARTISTS, you may want to think about some hot links to what your saying .....good luck with this I on the whole like your site

a fresh, new start... dujmovicv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks again and thank you (again) ALL for your thoughts, critics and suggestions!

Since the very beginning of my artist community site I have changed a lot of stuff here and there... Now I'm thinking about to give the site a new look - to make it more professional and eye catching. A friend of mine offered her design and generally I like it, but I'd also like to hear your opinion! Can you please tell me your thoughts on pros and contras for both the present site (global art in my signature) and the new mock up (only the header and footer, as the content will generally stay as is) :

layout_S_Nore.jpg

Thank you advanced.
    Regards

Full time ADMIN - art community
    Part time coder - dsign

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its cool but not amazing or creative, you can use XML or Jquery stuff to make it look really tempting..Look for portfolio themes or community these out there , you can get inspired by so many of them

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have just had a look at your website and like the header banner and navigation, the layout of the page i find a bit messy as there are no clear sections i find as they seem to merge into each other. Im not sure if some background colour for each section would make each section a little clearer, the BBC is a busy site, but when you look at it all sections are quite clear.

Once again the footer looks good, except i think it could be laid out clear and maybe using just twitter and facebook icon buttons to make more space and clean things up a little.

Overall I like the site, but feel a few changes as mentioned above would clean things up and make a difference.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it looks great aesthetically and loads quite quickly and has lots of stuff on the front page.
    well done