User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review: watchberry.com

Hi,

I have been developing this site for a good few months now and it has come a long way. I have been working on the development and my wife sorts the content.

I just wanted some opinions on the design, navigation and usability of the site and if anyone has any feedback either good or bad it would be greatly appreciated.

I would also love to hear any suggestions on how I could improve the site...

Link: Watch TV Online Shows, Episodes, Seasons, Series WatchBerry.com

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice theme and design

Site load slow for me

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stogo View Post
    Nice theme and design

Site load slow for me
    Check you inet connection, load speed is just great
    watchberry.com/ - 56.64 KB - 2.27 seconds - 0.04 seconds
    Hi genusone,
    Here are some questions/suggestions from me:

1) What CMS do you use? Or that's your own?

2) I think fonts for main content could be little bit bigger

3) Check this page for example. In my FF3 I see "Find us on Facebook" block under comments form. It seems to me right sidebar is better place for that.

SitePoint Zealot PatrickSamphire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something about the design aesthetic that immediately reminds me of content farm sites (like eHow and the like), and I have to say that that would make me leave the site immediately. Maybe if you could make the info about what the site is pop out more, that would help. At the moment, the things that do pop out are very generic and don't tell me what I'm looking at.

Sorry. Not a terribly helpful response, I'm afraid.

SitePoint Zealot PatrickSamphire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it some more, the design elements don't really work together to create a visual hierarchy. They seem to be competing with each other for attention, which makes me immediately see them as adverts. Those content farm sites I mentioned tend to be plastered in adverts, and that's what my immediate impression of your site was.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree with Patrick about the ads and the problem with identity. The most valuable real estate that's being taken up by an ad banner is the bit between the Genre menu and the slideshow. Instead of having an ad there, you might consider putting up a text or graphic that tells, briefly and concisely, what exactly this site does. Can I watch shows here, are you just providing links to other sites, what exactly?

Also, I followed some random clicks to bring up a show and the first one I clicked gave me a "sorry, not found" message. I didn't know the link wasn't functional when I clicked on it. You're creating a lot of disappointment with links to episodes that are not functional. You need to make sure those links are displayed as inactive or not yet functional or whatever so that users can see what links will take them to a functional show presentation and which have not yet been linked.

Other than that, the design isn't bad, though it's hard to tell what's an ad and what is actual site content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site slow.
    You need minimaze you bannerz to 0.
    Usability - crap.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's slow loading for me the first time as well. Consider using less imagery, javascript (minimize it and put it into a single file). Otherwise it looks great!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have to agree with some previous posts, the design of the site is good however it does seem as though its competing with itself. like the type of site you would get a virus. its to in your face.