SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Integrated Reservoir Solutions

I am looking to find the CSS code for the design on the web site http://www.integrated-reservoir-solu...-solutions.htm any help out there??
    Last edited by arbitor; Sep 18, 2002 at 03:44.

(****** or Deleted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really cannot understand what it is you want, could you please try and make things a little easier to work out

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have built a web site which is http://www.integrated-reservoir-sol...-solutions.htm I want to use CSS for the design elements instead of it being in the html but I do not have the skill to do it. Sorry for not being clear in my last posting!!
    Last edited by arbitor; Sep 18, 2002 at 03:45.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the url got screwed up this is it again, http://www.integrated-reservoir-solu...-solutions.htm

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you want the additional CSS you have used within the "style" element to be repeated in an external style sheet, and things like heading alignment being upgraded to CSS.

However I noticed that you already had one external CSS file, which makes me a little confused since it seems somehow you've managed to apply some external CSS which on the whole is a little more complex than what you have within the HTML.

For example your <h1 align="center"> could be written: h1 { text-align : center;} Albeit you've being using Microsoft proprietary for example "layout-grid-mode: line;" doesn't exist in the CSS Technical Recommendations.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I have used frontpage to build the web site, I have done some of the CSS code for the page that I got from various places on the web but it is the rest I can not do, like you have the h1 { text-align : center;} I wanted to use that for the heading instead of having it in the html code. Same as the logo do you Know how I would center it on the page in the CSS code and a red line. I have searched on the web but can not get full answers. I am looking to take all the design from the html and put it in the CSS, is that possible???

Thanks for your help

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, basically you can move the styles from the page into the CSS, I could quite easily take out most of the styles - the W3C compliant CSS - within the HTML and adjust them into CSS statements within the CSS file and get it display the same.

However, I believe they'd be a little to much text to post on this forum with the altered HTML and the additional CSS covering such things as alignment and font colour; which really seems to be the only two areas that are lacking adjustment.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can we do about it???

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's another good question if you use FrontPage you always have the risk of it 'altering the HTML code' when you save, or the program may add Micro$oft specific text.

Even though it it's rather futile exercise; I have taken a snapshot of your "home page" and rewritten the HTML which involved shunning all the Micro$oft nonsense and misuse of <blockquote> then trying to get the page to look exactly the same as I saw your original in "my browser".

Then I updated the HTML 4.01 to XHTML 1.0 and added some additional CSS to cater for removal of some of the original inline CSS this in turn meant I had to add a few classes and statements within the CSS file.

However, you should realise I have not provided a final solution since all your "other pages" would then need attention if they were to adopt a similar makeover, or not get adversely effected by the modified CSS template.

However just for the record to show you how I have changed both the HTML and CSS you have visit this temporary demonstration, files:

http://www.xhtmlcoder.f2s.com/home.htm http://www.xhtmlcoder.f2s.com/default.css

Nonetheless, you should now be able to appreciate why the final solution basically rests upon your shoulders; anyhow good look with your project.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help
    it seems a big job, can I just use the css code on my pages, what would that do?
    Or do I need to remove the bits from the html as well?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd need to clean the HTML and double-check if you need a little extra CSS for the other pages.

Basically I'd find it a straight-foward task since you've kept the design themed.

However, it would take me a some time to prune the whole site, and I am extremely expensive.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much would it cost per page???

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little notice somewhere in the source code and CSS /* credit */ that I helped, I don't charge in the form of pounds sterling.

If you are prepared to let me go browsing through the site and correcting/upgrading all the HTML/CSS syntax then that's no problem even though it will take me a while as I'm busy.

Also if you are willing to upload the modified data (which I could post temporarily on one of my sites) then I am quite prepared to spend some of my time doing just that.

All you have to do is agree to these simple terms and your "original post wish" is my command.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that sounds great, no problem with the credit, all credit where credit is due, and all that. Thanks alot!!!!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd provided you a link to the new files via PM.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

what is PM?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, if by Friday you come here and say you are still stuck getting the files I'll post the link here on this forum.

It's Friday and I forgot I the server was so secure that you only would get XYZZY not the file.

Here is the link you need arbitor:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xhtmlcoder/IReS.exe

It will stay up until late Monday...
    Last edited by xhtmlcoder; Sep 27, 2002 at 02:42.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

I have got the files thanks, should I put your link in the top of the html?
    Once again thanks for all your HELP

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to then go ahead; as long as the link isn't taken out of context, since all I did was re-code the site not re-design the layout or make additions to the content, as displayed via a browser.