SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Enthusiast drownedbeaver's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the brown gold combination..... it really looks organic..... just have a little organization on the layout it's not aligned.
    Look at the right of your site, on the white box together with the text and PURE AND NATURAL its not aligned.

I like the page just those errors.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential customer

If I was looking for soap, I would definitely buy from you.
    The site is interesting, but you need to set up distribution and take orders.
    Good luck.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From an aesthetic design perspective, it looks fine at first glance (I'm a graphic design major, so I should know), but make sure you pay attention to suggestions on SEO. I agree it's a good idea to avoid Flash. If your navigation is still done with Flash, I suggest rebuilding it with pure html/css. Rollover effects can be accomplished with just css. New iphones an Ipads do not even support Flash since css3 came out from what I've heard.

I just looked at your code and noticed you are not using an external style sheet. I suppose that's alright since the website is fairly small anyway, which should make it easy to manage. However, if you ever build a larger site in the future, I suggest using an external style sheet because it will make changes easier to implement without editing each individual page on the site. This saves a lot of time if you're making changes to a 1,000 page site. If you enjoy web design and/or development, you might want to look up this technique.

I think this is one of the best websites designed in this forum that I've seen today. It's good that you pay attention to design. Design is just as important to a good website as the code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having a look at your site I think you have done a nice job, its not too busy and the photography is nice....my only points would be can you increase the padding on teh nav so it stretches across instead of having a gap between distrubtors and the edge.

Also can you make the Guid of Craft logo can you remove the white background and make it the same colour as your background???

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by mazika9 View Post
    I really like the look and feel of the site. However, I am against flash so I would suggest replacing the whole header with html and css.
    and Looks good. For SEO quality your meta description should be no longer than 150 characters. Some of your images are missing alt tags. Its still search engine friendly though. Page speed is 82/100. Close to or slightly above 90 would be better.
    Avoid using flash and go with html and css

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website you have there. I love the color you used and the soap looks edible.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 3.5K likes for soap? Are you Tyler Durden or something?

Nice site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like it, well done!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background for the site works well with the selling of Organic soap

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your site. You have chosen the perfect image for your home page, which makes a great first impression. I wish you all the best =)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overall feel of the site fits the product being sold very well. However, there's some elements that really stick out from the general style (such as the white boxes on the front page) that could be more in line with the overall design style. Maybe styling those elements to look a little more worn out would make them seem more blended into the general feeling of the design.

One other thing I'd consider doing is paying more attention to scale-issues in typography. Right now you're pretty much using the same font size for main column, sidebar and ad box headings. Try adding applying a typographic scale into these elements to make the page flow more naturally.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first look at the site felt great! It looks organic, clean and earthy tones. Great logo! If I had a suggestion it would be to replace the photo on the home page with something a little more clear. The bigger photo at the top has such a great focus that it really raises the bar for the other photos. One other suggestions would be that it looks like there is a block of blank space on the home page under the main description. Maybe this would be an area for you to show some of your best selling products or special of the week? Good luck!