Thread: Templates

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Templates

Hey,

I'm not really new to webdesign, though i am still a begginer. I'm trying to improve my skills in making template but i have no idea how to even start.

I found out one easy way was to use tables .. took me a while to found thats the easiet way to design a site.

But can anyone give me any more info. Such as programs, webpages, codes etc.. Like color patterns, css, etc.

Thank you.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also for tables.

Is it better to use a percentage or pixel for spacing?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright. since nobody answered, i guess i will
    FIRSTLY. find out what you want to make. if you've done that, then you're well on your way.

SECOND. design a site with a good color scheme. personally, i use pKcolorPicker, which is basically a color grabber and cut down size of a color picker. easy to use, i guess, the last number on the bottom is the HEX(RGB) color.

LAYOUT YOUR TEMPLATE. i find it very hard to actually make a template straight from my mind. I have to see it, and then turn it into a style using HTML. usually, i use Photoshop to do this. all it is is just standard boxes and graphics that may be used in the making of my site.

TABLES! probably a pretty easy concept to grasp, for some, not all. how i view tables is: everything in <TD></TD> is a small window for MORE content, or even, ANOTHER TABLE! and the <TR></TR> is just a way to make another row for another set of <TD>s. simple eh? well, not really...anyway, here's some references i've found:

TABLE TUTORIALS
    NS Table Sampler - i dunno
    HTMLGoodies - covers everything from standard tables to advanced tables.
    Web-Dev-Virtual Library - the first place i started looking when i went into Perl, not sure of realiablitiy tho, cause i never learned Perl too well
    TutorGig - Dont ask me, i saw it on the side of Google

HTML EDITORS
    CoffeeCupHTMLEditor - one of the ones i used when starting off. Freeware (I think )
    HTML-Kit - yet another one i went thru. easy to use. they have a drag-and-drop editor too.
    EasyHTML Editor - this is the one that stuck with my almost for a long while. its a bit old, and i haven't found much updates of it, but it did a good job for me when working with HTML (IE4)

and about the pixel percentages or spacing, i'd go with a fixed spacing for now. a 750pixel, centered table has always worked for me, and all my content goes into there. before, i used to do percentage, but after looking at it from another resolution, i found it extremely ugly, and threw the entire piece of mine into a simple table.
    well, hope this helps...im going to bed
    Last edited by InQuE; Sep 17, 2002 at 00:40.
    InQuE

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for taking ur time to answer me help me, but i gotta read it more and go to the links... i'm kinda in a rush now.