SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup MySQL using ASP.Net C#

Hi guys, I followed the code written on this certain site - Mysql backup using c#, the function create successfully a backup file but unfortunately it does not create any query of database or tables. Can anyone help me regarding this matter. Thank you so much.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The code is using mysqldump so the parameters relating to that utility apply. The parameters are put together on the line

string cmd = string.Format(@"-u{0} -p{1} -h{2} {3}", "root", "root", "localhost", DBName);

Your want to include a -R which means "Included stored routines (procedures and functions) for the dumped databases in the output"

so the statement becomes

string cmd = string.Format(@"-u{0} -p{1} -h{2} -R {3}", "root", "root", "localhost", DBName);

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another thing, why is it that this thread that I started can also be seen in this link Backup MySQL using ASP.Net C# | Flip Forum

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirGE View Post
    another thing, why is it that this thread that I started can also be seen in this link Backup MySQL using ASP.Net C# | Flip Forum
    because apparently that site is scraping the web

i'll flag this thread and ask sitepoint headquarters to look into it -- they have lawyers for this type of theft
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MySQL :: Re: Any One know that how to take Backup From ASP.NET with C# for MySQL for a WebApplication ?

Basically you need to call mysqldump.exe to make sql script for your database

Process.Start("Path \mysqldump.exe", "--user=user --password= password --host=server --databases Database Name -r ""path\filename.sql""")

DB Backup
    http://www.fla-shop.com - Interactive maps for websites
    Flash Maps for web developers