SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only thing I missed was, I had no freaking idea where I was on the menu as I tabbed (except on the ones with submenus since the text changed). Outline or a colour change or something would really help.

Especially on LinkedIn, I get really tired of having to look down at the lower-left URL just to guess which link I'm on. But I'll blame browsers for this: in Lynx it doesn't matter if there are focus styles.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in love deathshadow60! That menu is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow60 View Post
    Though I find the scripted assisted ones in terms of mouse-out delays LESS useful -- since they don't change fast enough for me in most cases... Same reason I hate animated crap on the desktop. I click on minimize I want it gone NOW, not three seconds from now after some stupid "genie" animation. I click on maximize I want it maximized NOW, not after some goofy 'enlarge" animation. I click or mouseover a menu-item, or mouse-out of a menu... Well, you get the idea.
    I agree that those delays can make or break a navigation system, but keeping your common complaint in mind coupled with the ability to tweak these settings you can employ a shorter mouseout delay than the mouseenter. We're talking fractions of a second for each so if unless you're looking for it you won't really notice it (that's the goal at least).

My guess is most people just Ron Popeil the established plugins without playing with the settings and trying to get a smooth result.
    "To be truly dedicated to something
    you must be willing to betray it.
    " -SW

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs93 View Post
    My guess is most people just Ron Popeil the established plugins without playing with the settings and trying to get a smooth result.
    Well, that is how it seems many people are building sites today -- endless copypasta from various sources without the understanding to know if said code is any good, worth using, compatible with each-other, much less how to customize it for a decent user experience.

... and it's not like the old days where it's just tiny snippets off dynamic drive or templates from DW; we've got fullblown "frameworks" now that end up the same type of nonsense. Jquery, YUI, grid 960, blueprint, mootools -- how nubes end up led down the garden path and how experienced developers who should know better shoot off their own reproductive systems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    This is the most easily accessible dropdown I've come across. I tried tabbing through the menu, and the result is simply brilliant.
    Thanks for mentioning this. I tried it too and was impressed. Sounds like its a keeper..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very nice menu i will try it in my next website. Hope my client likes it.