User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monir23426 View Post
    Is google plus have any option to create business page or group?
    Yes there is - http://www.google.com/+/business/#ut...campaign=pages.
    TheRaptor - Joe

SitePoint Member waleed.khaliqi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think google Plus is much good then a facebook profile. you don't need to create any page while you can have more then 5000 users in google plus but facebook restricts you having no more then 5000 friends with your profile if you need more then 5000 friends then you have to create a fanpage

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    Thanks a lot for the link . It's really helpful for me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point about the restrictions on the number of friends you can have, waleed.khaliqi. The growth in the number of users of Google's latest attempt at social media is really steady, if you ask me. If you have set up a profile on your Google+ page, you can use that link in your author bio by using the rel="author" attribute of the <a> tag for your personal blogs, and the combination of rel="me" and rel="author" on multi-author sites. That increases your visibility on the Net 'cause users can see a link to your profile page on the articles that you've written that appear on the SERPs.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using facebook likes and google plus circle, but facebook really rocks. Facebook really userfriendly than anything else. Google plus is little private.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience, google+ rarely have a like from readers..My site got mostly a twitter followers and facebook like. I did the same kind
    of promoting my site.I guess people much is more using a Twitter and facebook sites.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think Google+ is too late for the social network bandwagon. Facebook will need to do something drastically wrong to make people leave and join another site after years of profile and picture updates.

I use Facebook on a daily basis for personal and business purposes. I've had my Google+ account for a few months and only logged in a couple of times! It's no better than Facebook so why should people switch?

SitePoint Zealot coloradojaguar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see Google+ gaining an immediate advantage on Facebook. But, I do think that it is worth it to engage as many social media markets as possible. Google is a giant and it didn't begin its endeavors with the Google+ market to fail. Over time I think it will grow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t have said it better myself! Especially the resharing of posts ! Somedays thats all I have time to do ! I also love seeing how many shares of my posts happened during the day! Its even better than getting a lot of +1?s!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't tried the hang out group video , if that will be okay in my first try then I can say that Google+ really gives another outstanding innovation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be way to late for this one. Google+ has become a necessary aspect of any SEO's strategy. If you aren't jumping on the boat yet, you better hurry up! The beauty of G+ is how indexable the content is. I've had my new profiles outrank my FB and LIN in a matter of days!

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champchase View Post
    I may be way to late for this one. Google+ has become a necessary aspect of any SEO's strategy. If you aren't jumping on the boat yet, you better hurry up! The beauty of G+ is how indexable the content is. I've had my new profiles outrank my FB and LIN in a matter of days!
    This forum is for discussions of building a following with Social Media. The Business and Mangement forum is for discussions of SEO. Any further discussion of SEO in this forum will be deleted.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been quite a time now since G+ was launched. Slowly G+ is gathering its users but till now it has remain unsuccessful in retaining people for long time like Facebook. Currently its Facebook all over. I think G+ is still in a evolving stage and may win the stage in long run.

SitePoint Zealot coloradojaguar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google+ is still an infant in comparison to Facebook. Google has such a following that it is bound to have a good deal of success with this product but that will take some time. I mean the number of posts here on this thread is in a way is indicative of its potential. Also, if it is true and stays true to the trend of being great for SEO purposes as mentioned by Sitepoint user barrykins then that factor will help Google+ gain an even greater momentum. Who can say if it will ever truly rival Facebook but I still don't think that Google+ should be overlooked.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - UK, Atlanta, L.A.,
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers |
    Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google plus has come up with lot many features.. Thing is how to use them efficiently. The interface is good according to me and I really liked the concept of hangout. There is still a long way for Google + to flourish.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still its fan page for my business but Id like to see google improve more on their google+ because all online business and now almost all offline business wants to be on google, even regular people go to google to find what they are looking for and what a great social media platform it could be if people will turn to google+ instead of FB. I can see potential in google+ since they are good in what they do but they havent nailed the right feature yet that can match FB when it comes to social media
    Hottest Printers and Computer deals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for google+ to start cracking down on people plus one every single of there own posts. Seems to be pretty open to abuse right now but later it could mean limiting how many of your OWN posts that you plus1.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Plus

I think google try to down facbook after lunching the google + But this is good thing for those peoples Who like good page ranks back-links. After lunch this google show He like Social sites.
    Last edited by Ted S; Feb 21, 2012 at 00:12. Reason: Fake signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried g+ half a year ago. I used it to promote my services. I added friends to my circles and then invited them to see my page. At that time it seemed to me that not all the people knew what to do on g+. they had their profiles at g+, but they did not show any activity. That's why I did not get any good results from that site. so, i am going to try to work on g+ a month later. i hope that more people use this site now, so there may be more people who would be interested in my services. I think that g+ will soon be more popular than facebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really tried out google plus yet, some people prefer it over facebook while some are rather excited to try out a different social networking site. All i can say is that it might not be able to compete with facebook's 750 million users to date. They need to have a feature that is unique from other social networking sites in order for people to opt their services.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread was started when Google+ was new and has had some great responses. With more than 100 million reported users it's time for deeper dive discussions into the specifics.
    Last edited by Shyflower; Feb 22, 2012 at 10:17. Reason: Reopened thread
    - Ted S

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    This thread was started when Google+ was new and has had some great responses. With more than 100 million reported users it's time for deeper dive discussions into the specifics.
    Sorry Ted, but I prefer to keep this thread open. I know there has been a lot of fluff here, but when Google + was new, it was hard to gauge opinions. Now that it has some longevity, this is the perfect time for it's members to voice their opinions.

I have had a Google Account for years and jumped on the "+" bandwagon as soon as I could wangle an invite. However, I rarely check in for several reasons.

1. The interface is too complicated for my needs.
    2. I have some very good friends on Facebook who are not on Google + and I only have so many hours in the day for Social Networking.
    3. Because I only have so many hours in the day, I don't have the time to ferret out the friends who are in Google + and unless they have entirely left Facebook or Twitter, there really is no need.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think google+ will develop into more of a conference tool and contacts organizer than a social network. I can appreciate the idea of a browser integrated social network, but I doubt Google+ will be able to re-define social networking the way my-space or facebook have in the past.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google + is new bee and still not reccomended by peoples around the world, it is there becuase only have name of google.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree with this.But I hope Google+ will be able to get the popularity soon. But should keep in mind that there is Facebook in the market which is the most popular means of social media.So, Google plus should take some extra ordinary steps which can be more attractive that current feature of Facebook.

<snip>
    Last edited by Shyflower; Mar 1, 2012 at 09:39. Reason: removed faux signature