SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as Google plus is new but still love to see thousands of user , as it got already plus points from gmail users in a year time it will beat facebook I think

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont believe than can make it better than Facebook... whtever say, Facebook is already having its number of users and Google will attract those few who are interested in the brand..i mean its just a matter of curiosity - "wht's new are they goin to do?.."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve spent the last few days exploring Google Plus a little more in-depth. After staying up until about 2am yesterday, I’ve come to the conclusion that, for now at least, the benefits of Google Plus are like those of a blog conference event.

Overall I think that Google Plus is not the spectacular failure I expected it to be. They seem to have created an interesting product which is not emulating Facebook but can stand out on its own. There are a lot of missing features such as apps, search features and private messages (though you can always send an email). Google Plus is not a Facebook killer but it sure can try.

Avid Logophile silver trophy
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeos View Post
    There are a lot of missing features such as apps, search features and private messages (though you can always send an email).
    I discovered, by accident, that you can post an update in Google+ and send it to any number of circles OR to a single user. As a matter of fact, you can specify a list of email addresses (and no circles). It is *very* flexible and the interface is very GUI (AJAXy).
    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Git is for EVERYONE
    Literally, the best app for readers.
    Make Your P@ssw0rd Secure
    Leveraging SubDomains

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Google+ is something quite amazing.

It's a combination of Facebook, Twitter, and R.I.P. Wave, allowing you to publish your posts within their social circles.

In my opinion this won't kill Facebook, far from it. Facebook is likely to remain the popular social platform, whereas Google+ is probably going to be used more by professionals for professionals reasons (e.g. conferences, private diaries and notes, workflow, communication)

Google+ is here to stay, but what we've seen is the icing on the cake, far from what Google+ has to offer. In the not to distant future Google+ will be integrating posts into blogs and websites, being used like a content management system.

Open Source CMS's are already working very hard into integrating G+ into their system. This is all very new and exciting.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do not think Google+ will ever be anything to compete with Facebook atleast for the next 5 to 10 years. Just think of all of the people that are too lazy to create ANOTHER social network account somewhere else. Facebook has wrapped itself around peoples lives and it is here to stay for a long long time.

Funny, just the other day I ran into a long-lost friend that I have not seen in maybe 8 years. He said, "hit me up on Facebook" and later said it again "Facebook me". I can't imagine how in 5 years someone would say "Google Plus Me". Thats like saying why don't you do a Google search for me. LOL

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartinman View Post
    Facebook has wrapped itself around peoples lives and it is here to stay for a long long time.
    1. That's what they said about myspace just before facebook took over

2. google has already embedded itself far more deeply into people's lives than facebook ever will.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that Google+ will beat Facebook down, it does have a good concept and even though it's still in Beta mode, I do honestly believe that the platform is there for it to leap and become the best Social Network. A majority of people are let down by Google, yet don't understand how relevantly new it is.

Funny, just the other day I ran into a long-lost friend that I have not seen in maybe 8 years. He said, "hit me up on Facebook" and later said it again "Facebook me". I can't imagine how in 5 years someone would say "Google Plus Me". Thats like saying why don't you do a Google search for me. LOL
    I don't think they'll say Google+ me. They'll probably just say Google me. Google Search will probably end up being the way you search for Friends anyway.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't have enough scale as of now to really make an impact but does look very promising in terms of user interface. <snip />
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; Aug 26, 2011 at 04:41. Reason: Please wait 90 days to avail of a signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt, google is bringing up a lot of new features. But still, it has an empty feel to it. There is a lot of white space, and less friends..

I know, that's because its still in its beta phase and majority of people are still not using it.. May be in the coming time,with more people joining it, it will become very popular.

But I don't think it can beat Facebook.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snehaw View Post
    At the moment it isn't competing with Facebook - it is currently only competing with Twitter.

As it is gradually opened up for everyone to use it will then start to compete with Facebook. At that time unless Facebook has added the equivalent of Google search, Gmail, Google maps and all the other Google features, Facebook will then be unable to compete with Google as a social network (remembering that Google Plus is just the small part that is going to make everything Google does a social network).
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snehaw View Post
    No doubt, google is bringing up a lot of new features. But still, it has an empty feel to it. There is a lot of white space, and less friends..

I know, that's because its still in its beta phase and majority of people are still not using it.. May be in the coming time,with more people joining it, it will become very popular.

Like others have said, it hasn't gained enough on the platform to beat anything yet. It'll bring new features as time comes, Facebook went through a long beta phrase too. It does have an empty field in it, it'll get through that soon.

If it becomes as popular as some people think, like me, then I think it'll beat Facebook. Google is wanting world domination, if one piece is missing then it can't have world domination.

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of old news but as of August 11th, games are officially a part of Google Plus. The selection right now is slim and nothing compared to facebook but it has grown a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Also, they've just added the ignore feature making it easier to block certain people.

SitePoint Enthusiast facebooklicious's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in my personal view Google+ still needs time and people for perfect business approach or personal use. Because facebook today offering more features and concept as compare to Google+ but indeed Google+ is popular because of the brand name Google

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am new to the Google +. It is nice. But I am addict of facebook. I guess Google+ can not change my mind.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is it for?! Totally unnecessary really, Google need to let go and admit they missed both the Facebook and Twitter boats. We don't need another social network that's so similar to these two, they provide the platforms and i for one am happy with them.

Avid Logophile silver trophy
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMichaelKid View Post
    I believe that Google+ will beat Facebook down, it does have a good concept and even though it's still in Beta mode, I do honestly believe that the platform is there for it to leap and become the best Social Network. A majority of people are let down by Google, yet don't understand how relevantly new it is.

I don't think they'll say Google+ me. They'll probably just say Google me. Google Search will probably end up being the way you search for Friends anyway.
    I have *already* caught myself saying to someone: "I will add you to my Circles!"
    The way G+ handles those 'interesecting sets' of relationships is its key differentiator. Also, their oustanding use of AJAX for a very fluid User Experience makes it more 'natural' for non-technical users, I believe.
    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Git is for EVERYONE
    Literally, the best app for readers.
    Make Your P@ssw0rd Secure
    Leveraging SubDomains

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi to all
    I like circle function of google + .
    It's very nice thread. Really i enjoyed a lot with the reply of this thread. Whatever my queries was about google+ and facebook. I sort out that.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one important factor I want to draw that, in most developing and under developing countries like India and some other asian and in Africa; people are still fond of FB due to pass of long period; but there are lots of people do not know about G+ (actually I am telling about common people - not associated with forums) and what G+ can made to them to use it necessary as they are already connected with friends by FB - is an important factor.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Google would die, so tired of them taking over anything their dirty fingers can make money with. I also think facebook will become uncool soon...
    Domain Name Coupon Codes for popular registers
    Web Hosting Coupon Codes save on website hosting

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some how till now google is doing well and will take along time to bring itself to facebook level. idea of circle in google plus is good when we talk about privacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On thing that is strange at Google + is that I receive daily announcements that people are adding me to their circle, but I don't know those users or mails.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google + is not good as Facebook. It is another failed attempt of google in market. I like Facebook more than Google +.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, the majority are still using Facebook. Until +1 gets more active, I won't bother adding it to my high traffic sites.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google+ is good and their KPI is differ than FB. It is open and more specific.