SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it could go either way... it's really too early to tell at the moment. G could potentially end up dominating but yeah, Facebook have one hell of a head start.

Personally I hope that Plus doesn't overtake Facebook... not just because I'm making decent cash with Facey but because I really don't like the idea of Google having a total monopoly over the web.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Google can persuade users to come back every day, it has a winner. But the company will have to do even more to provide a truly compelling alternative to Facebook. At the moment, Google+ cannot compete with the king of social, but Google doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to take on Mark Zuckerberg’s giant quite yet.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Google Plus will take a new revolution in Social Networking just like Facebook.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am noticing many big websites are removing Facebook Plugins and adding +1 button. And if this continues Facebook worth will really down very soon.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I very much doubt it will bring Facebook down, but Plus is definitely going to have a significant userbase. When I log into Plus and look at my stream, I actually care about what is being talked about, and who it is being talked about by. I log into Facebook, and I get 200 Farmville requests and "I ate cheerios for breakfast lololol" from a friend of a friend of a friend.

For people who like attention and 2000 followers, head to Facebook. For people who want to actually chat with real friends, Plus is superior.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still not sure what to think of it yet. I saw there are over 18 million users, but still don't know enough about it. I don't want to create another site is my issue. If they made facebook integrated into it better or allowed us to pull our friends, I'd like it better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Google is entering the market too late, but that said, it might take off. Facebook is here to stay but Google+ might create some much needed competition and even rival Facebook (?).
    Last edited by Ted S; Jul 20, 2011 at 23:04. Reason: Removing fake signature links

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually google plus will work more than FB cause that owns by google

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google plus or Google+, is Google’s latest social marketing platform that everyone’s talking and speculating about.In fact some of the latest gossip is whether or not Google+ will take Facebook out of the running ."This is called the Google Plus project because Google wants users to know that it is adding a social layer to ALL Google products (search, photos, YouTube, etc.) rather than creating a stand-alone social application like Facebook." Currently I use google+ and facebook also .

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

From my point google plus will rock as like as google it will give its best result for all the google users.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be a great site but since they stopped accepting new signups almost immediately most people are currently unable to access it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Google+ is a product that is going to gain some meaningful market share — and quickly. They’ve seemingly taken all the criticisms of the other services and addressed them – especially with Circles. And now we’ll see how all the services will compete head-to-head. One thing’s for sure, it’s great to see some competitions and innovation in this space and Google deserves huge credit (at least so far) for keeping at it, and not letting Buzz, Wave, and a few other launches deter them from tackling this space – i.e. a good lesson at not listening to your detractors, and just keeping your head down and working on good products.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Degrees View Post
    I am noticing many big websites are removing Facebook Plugins and adding +1 button. And if this continues Facebook worth will really down very soon.
    What has that got to do with Google+ - Neither FaceBook nor +1 buttons are the topic of this thread.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    What has that got to do with Google+ - Neither FaceBook nor +1 buttons are the topic of this thread.
    In all fairness, +1s are certainly part of the Google Plus network and while the integration of your actions is lousy, it's very much interconnected.

That said, I think the discussion of +1 as it relates to the topic I kicked off, is really more about the decision to limit visibility of them and what that may or may not mean.

Sites are picking up the button at a rapid rate and I would argue that if the action was more visible in the network, it would boost the social component of Google Plus, even make it more applicable for the casual user who is likely to just micro-interact. By keeping it all about active posts, the site remains much more for the early adopter crowd who want to continue to broadcast out a message.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an account in google plus yesterday. I a not really happy with the site's design part. It's kinda looks old. The site is not providing anything better than facebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    google is going to be much aggresive in accordance with google plus........ i hope that will do better in future.... compared with facebook..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google+ is really good looking with many features.i feel very comfortable to access both gmail and social network same time.i used FB and i use gmail for mail service.now i can save time.i hope to more options soon. thanks google plus!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Degrees View Post
    Google will probably not win against FB as a social media network, but accepting that too many degree-buttons won't make sense on a web page, I assume that +1 will win over Like: Google rules the search engine market.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey
    I log into Facebook, and I get 200 Farmville requests and "I ate cheerios for breakfast lololol" from a friend of a friend of a friend.
    When former co-workers added me on teh Facebooks it seems all they did was this Farmville thing. By ignoring their offers of seeds and cows, I no longer get requests for that kind of thing. People see I'm not playing.

But trying to see what's going on in their lives 5000km away from me is not possible when their page/wall/whatever the hell it's called is filled with planting seeds and raising cows. I know they like using FB as a gaming site, that's fine, but it does defeat the purpose.

Question is, will Google+ allow that kind of thing (because it's popular) or keep it out (so that it can be what it's intended to be: a way to keep in contact with far-flung people based on your relationships with them)?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think google will be able to compete facebook in short time, it is google's starting that it had registered more than 2 million users with in few days.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james_webberid View Post
    I think google will be able to compete facebook in short time, it is google's starting that it had registered more than 2 million users with in few days.
    20 million users in less than a month but... and here's the kicker... analytic firms show that only around 1.8 million uniques hit the site daily. Look, join and leave?
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In its third attempt after Orkut and Buzz, Google I think has succeeded in the Social network race by launching Google+.

Google+ is a product in which google has bundled most of its offerings. Be it picassa, buzz, Alerts ( Spark ), And all.

The user interface is clean and good. Circles feature is nice. People are liking hangout feature too. Though I am yet to use it.

Over all Google+ has been nice experience for me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am hoping for the best of google plus since they have their own search engine and this quite not impossible to be in better service

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

The rapid increase in the sign ups and shifting from other social networks to Google plus shows that days are not so far as Google plus will triumph all other social networks and will come up like a giant like it is in the other many fields.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james_webberid View Post
    The rapid increase in the sign ups and shifting from other social networks to Google plus shows that days are not so far as Google plus will triumph all other social networks and will come up like a giant like it is in the other many fields.
    What shift away from other networks?
    - Ted S