SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 226 to 242 of 242
  1. #226
    SitePoint Member Cythes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Drifting between time and space.
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Just some things I have noticed from a security standpoint.-
    Google Plus starts you out with the HTTPS:// protocol, Facebook is just regular Http:// Google plus is more secure by default. You have to manually go in and set it to use the secure protocol in FB. Not to mention if you ever leave FB -ALL- your stuff is still there. Meaning anything you post any pictures its all there even after deactivating the account. Gutsy move on FB's part assuming after a person leaves that they will come crawling back.

    My personal favorite is G+ of the two. I have it condensed I don't have a friend list of people I don't talk to, and at that if I don't talk to some one they usually are not online.
    The only thing that keeps me from tipping over and totally moving to G+ is that EVERYONE I know is on FB.
    Much like the only reason I dont switch from Windows to Linux is because of my Games. (I still keep Nix on my laptops as well as on a spare HDD I have in my desktop)

  2. #227
    Avid Logophile silver trophy
    ParkinT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cythes View Post
    My personal favorite is G+ of the two. I have it condensed I don't have a friend list of people I don't talk to, and at that if I don't talk to some one they usually are not online.
    The only thing that keeps me from tipping over and totally moving to G+ is that EVERYONE I know is on FB.
    Much like the only reason I dont switch from Windows to Linux is because of my Games. (I still keep Nix on my laptops as well as on a spare HDD I have in my desktop)
    I agree with your sentiments and I think the Windows vs. Linux is such a great analogy on many levels!

    I have had a Google Account for years and jumped on the "+" bandwagon as soon as I could wangle an invite.
    Me too. I never had a large number of [so called] "Friends" on Facebook. Only my adult sons and a few former colleagues - people I actually knew and wanted to stay in contact.
    But, regardless, I have moved to G+ and all my friends know I am a geek and prefer it over FB. They know I will not return to FB, too. Fortunately, as mentioned above, I have *not* posted anything on FB ever that I am embarrassed to live there forever.

    Finally, I agree with @Shyflower ; that this thread has some value - maybe MORE value - now. But, perhaps we should create a new thread for discussions about G+ that are more targeted and specific.
    This can quickly grow into one of those "I like it too", "I don't like it too" threads that never ends.
    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)


    Git is for EVERYONE
    Literally, the best app for readers.
    Make Your P@ssw0rd Secure
    Leveraging SubDomains

  3. #228
    SitePoint Member Cythes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Drifting between time and space.
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion would be a thread for people who want to share their usernames / profiles for network building reasons.
    *Actually I'll get right on that.*

  4. #229
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkinT View Post

    Finally, I agree with @Shyflower ; that this thread has some value - maybe MORE value - now. But, perhaps we should create a new thread for discussions about G+ that are more targeted and specific.
    This can quickly grow into one of those "I like it too", "I don't like it too" threads that never ends.
    Isn't going to happen, because those posts are fluff and will be deleted. There is no reason to start a new thread on the same topic. When interest in the topic dies, the thread will gracefully pass to another life.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  5. #230
    SitePoint Member Cythes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Drifting between time and space.
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Isn't going to happen, because those posts are fluff and will be deleted. There is no reason to start a new thread on the same topic. When interest in the topic dies, the thread will gracefully pass to another life.
    -_- I might have jumped the gun with my G+ profile repo idea then... Oh well its there if anyone wants it.

  6. #231
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cythes View Post
    -_- I might have jumped the gun with my G+ profile repo idea then... Oh well its there if anyone wants it.
    The thread was removed.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  7. #232
    SitePoint Member Cythes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Drifting between time and space.
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that, thanks to whoever did that (Not being smart.) If I was to guess after a while they will update profiles to have G+ links in them. If not well there is always the Bio.

  8. #233
    Non-Member Ndot India's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coimbatore, India
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Google plus is also becoming familiar similar to that of the Face book.

  9. #234
    SitePoint Enthusiast mackyanderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Now that Google Plus is opening up invites at a fairly aggressive rate let's start a discussion about, what some are calling, a potential killer [or at least disruptor] of facebook. Others already dismiss it as another failed attempt to enter the market with something too tech focused, too similar and too late.

    I think we can all agree that even someone the size of Google is going to have a tough time breaking 750 million users... Bing v Google, Apple v PC, there's dozens of examples of failed tries, even from those with huge checkbooks to make a move, and Google has certainly failed at this before... But then there was circles.

    Circles that let you segment your connections into an infinite number of groups so that you can share something with whomever you want. And that's a whole new spin on privacy, an opportunity for many more people in just one place. It's a big divergence from Facebook's open approach and drawing a lot of commentary from early adopters and regular users alike.

    So SPF, what do you think so far? What are the limitations or opportunities you see opening up?

    http://plus.google.com
    Hello,

    As for me, I actually enjoy what Google+ gave to me and to my handled site.
    Well, it's not even a little something like what does the Facebook and Facebook like button has today.
    But I guess as time goes by there would be something more to look forward for that two.
    I also create Pinterest Account, it usually had lots of girls/womens in that social network.
    FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER
    Los Angeles Injury Attorneys
    "Effective Lawyering and Proven Results"

  10. #235
    SitePoint Enthusiast waynemorrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Now that Google Plus is opening up invites at a fairly aggressive rate let's start a discussion about, what some are calling, a potential killer [or at least disruptor] of facebook. Others already dismiss it as another failed attempt to enter the market with something too tech focused, too similar and too late.

    I think we can all agree that even someone the size of Google is going to have a tough time breaking 750 million users... Bing v Google, Apple v PC, there's dozens of examples of failed tries, even from those with huge checkbooks to make a move, and Google has certainly failed at this before... But then there was circles.

    Circles that let you segment your connections into an infinite number of groups so that you can share something with whomever you want. And that's a whole new spin on privacy, an opportunity for many more people in just one place. It's a big divergence from Facebook's open approach and drawing a lot of commentary from early adopters and regular users alike.

    So SPF, what do you think so far? What are the limitations or opportunities you see opening up?

    http://plus.google.com
    Good day Ted,

    For me, I see Google+ as more likely with Facebook. They both targeting the same market, same profit, same promotions, they are all in the same track.(Obviously)
    I'm actually had fun with Facebook in my past years using the internet.
    But as of today, I actually encountered lots of problem with User interface that Facebook has today.
    Unlike what Google+ had, simple.... Nothing can say, user friendliness is one of the main key to gain success in Social Network.

    I see Google+ will grow more than what it has today.


    Wayne.

  11. #236
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google Plus will take some time to reach Facebook and my personal experience is average not so good. Circle feature is unique feature.

  12. #237
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google plus is trying to antagonist facebook... i think i find it little difficult for someone who already has profile in facebook, to register in a second similar social media environment. Who has that amount of free time?

  13. #238
    Wired Life GeraldNitram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliewakelin View Post
    Google Plus will take some time to reach Facebook and my personal experience is average not so good. Circle feature is unique feature.
    Yes, I do agree that it's going to take time before Google+ can actually beat Facebook in all aspects. Right now, Google+ is leading in terms of Google search result visibility because of the Search+ update. And I think a lot of authors and businesses online will take advantage of that fact.

  14. #239
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pensylvania, USA
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monir23426 View Post
    Is google plus have any option to create business page or group?
    Why wouldn't Google do that in order to compete with Facebook Fan Page?

    Yes! There's an option on the bottom right in your profile to create a new brand page for your product/website for promotion. Still it lacks a lot of features which Facebook has to offer but since it's been just started so it will take time. In the mean time be patient!

  15. #240
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt really liked the Google+ business pages. Sure, they are neat and clean and are designed to avoid unnecessary spamming, but still i feel a lot is missing. I created my page and i am now sitting idle just hoping that it will do good in the search results.

  16. #241
    SitePoint Enthusiast mackyanderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by facebooklicious View Post
    I personally think Google plus has potential to get people attentions. Its really hard to say something now because Google+ is in initial stage.
    Yeah right, I know Google+ will surely have it's way on top soon. But we're all sure that Facebook will also not allow this thing to happen.
    FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER
    Los Angeles Injury Attorneys
    "Effective Lawyering and Proven Results"

  17. #242
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think in social networking websites Google plus is in top but it need some time to kick of all social networking sites. I like Google plus privacy and circles too its so different. Now Google plus in initial stage and growing faster. With the passage of time it will beat all the social networking sites


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •