User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MyBB Talk - MyBB discussion board

Hello all.

I have made another MyBB Forums recently and I was wondering what you think about it. It was made to discuss the MyBB bulletin board in any aspects, and to host my MyBB plugins.

Basically I am expecting feedback on the different categories, is there too many? Not enough? Are they relevant? What do you think about the theme and general aspect?

Your feedback is important to me, any constructive feedback will help me make this and any other forum I own / will own better.

Thank you in advance,
    regards
    Bencori
    Last edited by ralph.m; Jun 29, 2011 at 19:00. Reason: removed duplicate links

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your site is exciting. However, i think a light theme wil be better than a dark theme for your site.

About category, i think you should seperate MyBB versions to support, it will help visitors search in your forum easier ...

That's all.

a fresh, new start... dujmovicv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that occurred to me visiting your site was the dark theme. Maybe it's only me, but I still think most of us like bright and light colors on the web : they generate trust. Second, you may consider describing the niche (theme, subject) of your board - just a sentence or two at the top to let the visitors know what is your site about.
    Regarding the number of the categories I think you have enough of them to start the forum (it will definitely rise with time). Hope my review will give you some ideas...
    Regards

Full time ADMIN - art community
    Part time coder - dsign

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to both of you for the feedback, and yeah it definitely helps and is well appreciated. I am still unsure about the dark theme myself, but I like the layout. So I might just turn this theme into a white (or bright anyway) theme. And yeah, it does bring trust.

Wasn't expecting less from the sitepoint community, thank you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are use to bright and colors that are easy on the eye. That black theme template reflects authority, but as a start, it obviously isn't. So I'll personally recommend you go with a classic color like blue or grey. The black is just to shocking and even scary, I thought it was one of those warez forums that provides illegal downloads or something. That in just 5-10 seconds of viewing the website. Good point about the site, it looks professional. However, if it were me, I'd change the site theme.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great overall, may I suggest to have a strong colored site logo since it will be in front of a dark themed forum. It will definitely stand out but still this is just a suggestion. Should include some social buttons like Facebook, Tweet etc...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I will have to work on a logo for sure.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think u need change theme and make logo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to say. Your theme is not good. i am not able to see your forum(my eyes not able to). You have to change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stogo View Post
    I think u need change theme and make logo
    That is what i was going to say you the same.