User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opera and Fireworks MX pop-ups have "issues"

Greetings all..
    Before I run amuck using Fireworks handy dandy pop-ups I'd like to resolve some issues.. I am working on 4 sites, two of which employ horizontal menus.. They look fine in IE and NS (tested down to 4.7).. but Opera 6.5 is doing some funky things... I thought before I spend a lot of time hammering this out in my own limited way I would turn to the talent in the forums.. The menus appear way the heck to the right and don't render properly.. couple this with the fact that the links you can read just don't work and you have the makings of a potentially frustrated wanna be.. The sites in question are my own..

www.booltegwebdesign.com

and a new client

www.fingerlakespestcontrol.com

*scratching head..

Will
    I don't know sh*t and have the certificates to prove it

www.bootlegwebdesign.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, same prob in Opera 6.04 .

Many sites that employ the navigation you have use the main "hover-over" bit as a hard link to subsections - this would solve your problem to a certain extent.

Users who have the menu working can use the dhtml menu, those that don't simply click the "main" area (eg "About Us"), and have the sub-options appear as clickable links in the main window. This will also ensure that people without JavaScript on (circa 15% of browsers) will be able to navigate the site.
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks originalh.. I resolved the problem.. Fireworks does not use an anchor tag when triggering pop up menus.. I used a "#" tag as a link.. I also had to place the function "load menus" in the body of the page rather than just the head as Fireworks and Dreamweaver do.. sails now..

regards...
    Will
    I don't know sh*t and have the certificates to prove it

www.bootlegwebdesign.com