User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Wow, that sounds cool. I'd love to do an HTML-only site.
    Why don't you? The results are much better, faster, accurate and versatile than using compilers. And because you don't need half the rubbish that comes from crap like Frontpage, it doesn't take that much longer.
    There is another massive advantage that you can't get with a compiler. You can use every on page SEO trick in the book and spread them in whatever way you see fit. I am conviced that is half the reason my pages rank so well. ( last page added ranked 5th out of 2.2 million just one week after I uploaded it, with only four backlinks. )

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xhtmlcoder View Post
    He uses an editor since there is CSS and FONT within those pages and other tell-tale signs but it's quite true that people visit sites for content and not always fancy design.
    Those are leftovers from the "webmaster" who originally "designed" the site on the sitesell package.
    After taking control of the website myself, I have been working on removing that crap as soon as possible. ( which is not very fast ).
    Same reason why some of my pages still don't have working buttons although that should be solved in the next 48 hours.