Best photo/graphics viewer I have ever seen

The viewer/editor called irfanview or iview for short is easily the best viewer I have ever seen, and it is free to boot.

It is also quite a good editor and if you install the plug ins, it is only bested by the likes of photoshop.

Irfan view is really a nice tool to see your photograph. Initially I was using window picture viewer but now I am using Irfan and it was a nice experience using it.

i’m using xnview. i got used to it. tried also acdsee and irfan.

<snip />

very handy, yeah. I started using it in 2002 for quick image browsing and processing and haven’t looked back ever since.

I used to prefer ACDSee, but they put too much cruft in their app.

Since then I’ve also been using irfanview on my Windows machines and Eye of GNOME on my Ubuntu laptop (it’s the default image viewer).

I like GNOME Image viewer, too, but it doesn’t have the functionality of Irfanview. I used to use Irfanview, but it unfortunately isn’t available for Linux.

Windows picture and fax viewer :slight_smile:

Microsoft emplyees must be really embarrassed about that one. Windows/MS have had a few negative reviews, but you don’t get much worse than their viewer.

When I had windows, I liked their picture viewer, but their FAX viewer drove me bananas! :nanaman: Everytime I wanted to look at a picture, it would ask me where I wanted to send it. :smashy:

Five get you ten that you have never once used Iview, and even money that you have only tried one or two alternatives to windows viewer.
Windows viewer relates to Irfanview like a mule relates to a Lexus; they are both means to the same end, but that is where it stops.

Too bad i can’t hold you to that bet. I started using Irfanview when it first came out. It was about the only program I could find that would generate a decent favicon Icon. I used it until last September when I switched to Linux.

Besides windows picture viewer, when I had windows, my default viewer was the one that comes with XaraX. I also had photoshop in my pc, but I rarely used it since I prefer to design is vector format rather than rastor. As for the XARAX viewer, it did a great job of allowing me to resize photos either up or down (as long as they were uploaded in a decent DPI).

However, the XARA distro for linux is crap in comparison to the program in Windows so now I use Inkscape and Gimp for Design but prefer to use the Linux image viewer for simple viewing of photos.

BTW… I have also used Google’s Picassa. I just plain out don’t like it.

what about the computer your using… i think a mac would look better viewing a pic than a pc… id use aperture.

Can’t do our work without ACDSee … we shoot thousands of product images (360 product photography) and being able to quickly preview large images is a key. Nice thing about ACDSee is that if you have a folder with sequentialy numbered images like in our case, and then open ACDSee in the edit mode you can then quickly preview the image animation / video by pressing space key and keeping it for as long as you need to preview the rotation - very very helpful!

And then again even in the regular viewer mode, if you keep pressing space key it will go through your image sequence repetitively without stopping at the end of the folder - which also helps with our thing. Infran does stop on the last image file in a folder last time I tried it.

Windows/MS have had a few negative reviews, but you don’t get much worse than their viewer.

The question is why you need a specific picture viewer? Because mostly, there is a standard picturer viewer installed on the pc already, together with the operating system.
What do you want a picture viewer to do? What functionality does you need to have?

FastStone image viewer is a fast , stable and user friendly image browser.

<snip />

I agree with daisygiron. Great picture viewer, free and light.

I only like Photoshot to edit picture. This is good software for viewer.

I have used irfanview on a number of occasions. But i think we all know that for really professional editing there is nothing better than old good Photoshop:

Well thanks a lot for sharing our views regarding infanview, but what i think is that Photo Shop has got much extended features…