User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Scraper's site reviews needed

Web Scraper

This is my web scraper's site. It is an application to extract information from the web automatically and save it to a database or CSV file. I think you'll get a better idea when you visit the page.

I'm trying to maximize my conversion rate. I've heard that one should place a "call to action" (a download or buy button) on a visible place. Mine is not that visible (is on the top menu and also under the video). Problem is that I really don't know where else could I put it considering the other elements on the page.

If I'd just put it on the very top it would be like saying "hey, download this thing that you don't even know what is for".

Anyway, I'd like to know if you have any suggestion as for how to increase my conversion rate.

Thanks!
    Check out my web scraper

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got good enough content to go ahead and test different positions and wording. Maybe even try out a service like Optimzely which is free: Optimizely: A/B Testing you'll actually use

I would suggest one test to put the video and download button "above the fold" (ie, on the top half of the page so it shows without scrolling down).
    Pricetack - sell your goods with automatic markdowns

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. please try a shorter video (1 min) that is more focused on the results then on the setup process... Or at least start the video with the results (ex: the part where you hit a button and get the spreadsheet with info) Your current video looks more like a tutorial.
    2. if you have sales and make a profit, please consider paying a designer or buying a theme.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video is a bit long but I guess that's almost your only argument so it has to be detailed. Still didn't watch until the end I got a bit bored (maybe be cause I have no attraction in the software in the first place).
    About the website itself, well I find nothing original. Many many many merchants that sell only 1 product use the same kind of website, and to me it always smells like scam.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying your software is a scam! Just I don't have much trust due to those type of websites..

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed
    Last edited by Black Max; Jul 1, 2011 at 09:17. Reason: removed as off-topic and unproductive

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the website is real nice and to the point. Very centered and focused. Color scheme is great. The video - perhaps the sales page video has strong bullet points of the benefits and a second video for features.