User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Construction and home design

HI guys! i need a review on my construction business website. This is my first website so be extremely brutal. it`s a flash site made on a free web host. I haven`t bought anything yet, and it`s all made by me. Of course free templates wich i heavily modified myself. Need ideas please. Constructive criticism is most appreciated.
    the truth? i CAN handle the truth.

wix.com/xiconstruct/amenajari

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Se vede ca e primul website (EN - it shows it's your first website).

Stop using templates... or if you use templates, at least you could pay $5/month for good hosting, without the "wix" all over the place. Have your own domain, install Wordpress as a content management system and use a theme for that... of course, it would take some time to get used to wordpress, but what I want to say is that there are much more possibilities out there than the one you chose.

Now about the site: everything is in percentage, not good. On my 23" wide monitor, all the page elements look HUGE. Elements look good, but behind them are scripts which make the page load slower. Not good for engine optimization. So elements one by one are not dull, but they just don't work together.

/snip
    Last edited by Black Max; Jun 1, 2011 at 00:11. Reason: no solicitation, please
    www.bluepindesign.com - web design/graphic design/web development

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I would say it looks pretty good I'm not a big fan of the blue background and the ad at the bottom is offputting - but if you HAVE to use a free designer, not bad!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website not bad. The basic subject and the content is well organised. Is your preferred colour blue? hm... personally don't buy blue as background as it will grab the attention from visitors to only the background instead your products/services. Meaning, visitors might not able to receive what you are offering.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website and it is displaying your hard efforts from you, I think blue is not looking bad but you should add some more content to it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And one more thing... the site is Flash I didn't think to check that in the first place. I don't know what to say, but there are lots of developers out there against flash, and for some really good reasons. I would recommend html/css, especially for a company site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiu.mihu View Post
    Wow! Se vede ca e primul website (EN - it shows it's your first website).

Stop using templates... or if you use templates, at least you could pay $5/month for good hosting, without the "wix" all over the place. Have your own domain, install Wordpress as a content management system and use a theme for that... of course, it would take some time to get used to wordpress, but what I want to say is that there are much more possibilities out there than the one you chose.

Now about the site: everything is in percentage, not good. On my 23" wide monitor, all the page elements look HUGE. Elements look good, but behind them are scripts which make the page load slower. Not good for engine optimization. So elements one by one are not dull, but they just don't work together.

/snip

Thank you for your review. i was kinda expecting the distortion problem on big screens and now i`ll have to deal with it somehow. i`ll figure it out. And the thing with the template... i first started with a template in which i only changed the content. After i figured out how wix works, i modified it like 97% of it but having heard that it looks like a template suggests me that i`ll have to do a better job at it so it`s back to the drawing board for me. Another thing are the wix ads. they`re present on all free hosted websites. that`s why i`m asking you guys how am i doing so far without paying for a permanent host. Ill get more info on WordPress. I`ve heard of it but i have no idea what is it and what it does. And another question if i may: what do programmers have against flash?
    Again thanks for your time on reviewing my first attempt on a website. (Apropo! sunt roman si eu, dar am vrut sa vada si restul conversatia)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaciaAlpuche View Post
    Overall I would say it looks pretty good I'm not a big fan of the blue background and the ad at the bottom is offputting - but if you HAVE to use a free designer, not bad!
    Thank you for your time in reviewing my first attempt in making a website. I used the blue background for a clear look. 97% is made by me (haven`t wrote a single line of code- hieroglyphs for me). and the ad on the bottom has to be there since i`m using a free web host server. I fist started with a template and now i ended with a totally changed look. Not one thing is original in it. except the ads.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkypainter View Post
    The website not bad. The basic subject and the content is well organised. Is your preferred colour blue? hm... personally don't buy blue as background as it will grab the attention from visitors to only the background instead your products/services. Meaning, visitors might not able to receive what you are offering.
    I used blue background to induce a clear look. Not my favorite color, but i said to myself that white was too boring. Thanks A LOT for the review! any ideas are being processed now. Bye

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Allen View Post
    Nice website and it is displaying your hard efforts from you, I think blue is not looking bad but you should add some more content to it.
    Thanks! i noticed some complaints about the blue background. i opted for a clean clear look and blue does not seem to induce that feeling. Anyway, about the content, i`m adding an animation a week at the video section and update the projects section as well, but not as often as i should. I know a website is all about the content and the looks aren't so important, but if the masses find my blue so "repulsing" i tend to think that looks matter maybe as much as the actual content. It`s all about balance, my guess.

Thanks for your time anyway. good day!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact me: public@sgmihu.com. Flash is... let's say not so flexible as html/css, and not so SEO friendly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i renamed the site and gave it a fresh new look. check it out and rate it please

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MUCH better . Congrats!

A few things:
    - keep the same feel on the site. You have three containers and three different styles for them. I am talking about the contact form, the text in the video section and the text in services. Every one of them looks different from the other two.
    - change the orange/light blue combination from the site title... (Mobilier din rigips, amenajari interioare, design interior)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing: this time you have the site stretching accordingly to the height of the browser window, not the width. I would appreciate that as better than it was before (the thing with the huge page on large screens).

SitePoint Member
    Over Wyre, Near Blackpool, NW United Kingdon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, my romanian is not as good as it could be, but here goes

Am īn prezent folosi de asemenea, un constructor de site-ul gratuit si ca a ta este bazat pe tehnologia Flash. Din păcate, se pare că au aceleaşi probleme ca şi mine, de exemplu, ori de īncărcare lent, uneori acest lucru se datorează dimensiunea imaginilor dvs. şi modul īn care le salvaţi, poate ar fi īn valoare de folosind o fotografie rezoluţie mai mică şi a vedea dacă lucrurile care accelerează. Un text pic mai mult ar fi, de asemenea, util pentru scopuri de SEO si distractie vizitator. Puteţi face, evident, unele mobilier frumos, poate mai mult de cāteva produse īntr-o galerie ar fi bun atāt de vizitatori obţine o mai bună idee de ceea ce se poate crea pentru ei (rezoluţie mică desigur)

Sper că este de folos, Good Luck

Kindly Sponsored by Google Translate!

Salutari
    John

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the support! I took care of everything you said in earlier posts. Since you work as a web developer i figured i should listen to your advices. I loosed the blue background, and i figured out how to fix the aspect ratio. Also since i read your last post i fixed the pages layouts and the fonts. now they`re all the same everywhere to keep the same feel. Site tile also fixed. This time i put in more work in this site and i hope it`ll pay off. Now the site is 100% made by me. No templates used. Next step is to fill it with loads of content. Thanks for the advices and the support. FB.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanks for the review! First of all you could have posted in english without translating via google translate. About seo... i don`t know... wix.com claims that their site management is seo friendly. I also looked up my site in google and i found it. Just have to put more tags in it, and as you said before, relevant content helps a lot. I am new to this. This one is my first ever website. More content will be uploaded soon, but first i had to figure out the best design and layouts. As for the slow loading time you`re on to something. i also noticed some long loading time while surfing through the photos at the projects page. Reducing their resolution might make surfing through photos a lot smoother. I`m still experimenting so perfecting this site may take a while. Anyway, thanks for the advices!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salut xiconstruct,

First it's really easy to create your own website using wordpress for instance. It's cheap also. You should pay only the hosting.
    Also I prefer flash limited to must have. When I need to find out about a company I want to see text and perhaps a presentation movie. But no animation, music or ... anything else.

zi faina

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I`ll soon check out wordpress to see what it has to offer. I`m new to all of this so progress shall be slow at start. Right now this is like a side job to me. As for the site i try to keep it as clear and simple as it can get. I have no animations nor music except for the product presentation videos embedded from my youtube uploads. Also i discovered how to emprove the name of the site by renaming it using TK.

interioarearad.tk

SitePoint Member
    Over Wyre, Near Blackpool, NW United Kingdon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xiconstruct View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I`ll soon check out wordpress to see what it has to offer. I`m new to all of this so progress shall be slow at start. Right now this is like a side job to me. As for the site i try to keep it as clear and simple as it can get. I have no animations nor music except for the product presentation videos embedded from my youtube uploads. Also i discovered how to emprove the name of the site by renaming it using TK.

interioarearad.tk

Think I'm right in saying:

.tk is a handy service, for advertising your site on twitter etc where you need a fairly short url, I have used it alot, just be aware that when google crawls this .tk redirection "url" it will not display the description of your website. So you must still do your SEO stuff using the existing site url. Also, im sure you will, but if you dont get a minimum of 25 hits per 90 days on your website your .tk url will be deleted unless you pay for it.

Cheers
    DIY John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would take some time to get used to wordpress, but what I want to say is that there are much more possibilities out there than the one you chose.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missing one big thing: you!

Who are you? Picture? What makes you qualified to build these custom shelves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice is go for your own domain and hosting. It look more proffesional. Flash is a little heavy to load and not so friendly with SEO as far as I know- CMIIW. Look for premium wordpress themes as a reference. You can combine wordpress+000webhost for test. By the way where you come from ?Just curious.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice! This is my first website so i don`t have a lot of experience. Wix looked like it would satisfy my needs. i`ve been very busy these days so i didn`t had a chance to check out WordPress although it seems to be a good host(everybody advised me to turn to WordPress). And i`m from Romania (that explains my bad English).