User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Tech, Games and Gadgets Website - coolest-tech.com revisited

Hi guys,

My name is Michael, i am 16 years old and this is my first venture into the WWW.
    The website is Coolest-tech.com

The website is based around the latest Technology, Games and Gadgets. It still needs alot of improvements but i'd like to know what everyone thinks so far.So please leave any positive or constructive feedback that you might have, i would really appreciate it.

Also please let me know what the loading speed is like for you! Been having alot of problems with speed.

Thank you for your time,
    -GG

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a fresh, new start... dujmovicv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design, the colors and icons are all OK. However I think it is a pre-made template - maybe a WordPress theme? I like the footer, it's the best part of the site
    The loading time is also Ok, so just keep up the good work!

Full time ADMIN - art community
    Part time coder - dsign

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think that you have used a WordPress theme and customized it. I saw the same layout before. I like your website version. I have just one suggestion, try to add other images to your header slide show.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Firstly it took waaaaaaaaaaay too long to load. If I wasn't intent on reviewing this website I would have just closed. (Note longer than 20 seconds). So I don't know what caused that but maybe you should check out your server or code? I'am on firefox browser.

Looking at the design, I'am impressed with it there is however room for improvement but for a 16 year old you should be very pleased.

Firstly, I have neve liked personally underlining as you hover over a link I prefer it to change colour but that is a personal preference some may disagree?

Your content box seems to be too light (colour scheme) in relation to your header and footer that are very dark. Maybe to create a better flow to your work darken the content bit down to a greyish colour? Then the greyish side bits darken down as well.

I hope I'm making sense but the bright colours seem very sudden and shocking whereas in designs I prefer there to be a smooth and subtle flow to things.

Cheers,
    Invicta

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These days when the top of my screen isn't clutters with too much information, somethings seems odd. Especially for a tech site. It just seems too spacious to really being offering much content. That's my very first impression on the top of the site.

I'm lazy.

so very lazy.

and so i didn't like having to move my hand all the way to the right or left of the screen to see the next features post (by clicking the arrow). I made the browser smaller and found that the arrows retracted back to the edges of the picture. Can you make this the standard?

"www.coolest-tech.com is a new project started by a 16 year old boy as his first venture into the world wide web. A love for Tech, Games & Gadgets has inspired me to keep you updated on all the latest must-haves and gossip in the world of tech.If you have any problems feel free to contact me."

don't mention that you are 16 year old boy. for a variety of reasons

1) it just reads wrong
    2) do you want to be judged as a 16 year old boy? if your site is good, people will think well it could be better if a 35 year old engineer made it, or they might think "i guess its not that good, really", if the site is bad they might think that you want to be given a break and not judged like an adult. surely if you make great websites you'd like people to assume you are an adult since your site stands up like one.
    3) write a decent profile, use better words "go getter" is better than young boy

you have well written and interesting articles.

I don't remember seeing a drop down category list on the internet for some time. do you think a menu or word cloud might be better?

hope that helps

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Michael,

I loaded you page with fire fox 5 and win 7 it took quite a while to load, around 15 seconds.

Once it loaded I found it attractive enough to keep reading and liked the site.

The content serves its purpose well with a good amount of info about each game

or gadget and found the site clear and simple to use. I wasn't to keen on the

size of the header and footer, I think if I was a serious gamer I would visit your

site regularly, and eventually get sick of seeing those giant things, but thats

just me. Overall good work, I think you have a bright future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just same to say as the others as it took too long to load, have you optimised all your images? Also I didn't like the way the title cut into the images on the main scroller, otherwise very nice, nothing wrong with using a wordpress theme as long as you customise it well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks that you used wordpress web template so there isn't really what to review.
    It's actually this template used from ThemeForest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your website is too simple i didn't enjoy visiting your website, i had suggest to add some animations and neat design to your website template.