User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming Soon Page for a Contest/Sweepstakes Application

Hey guys!

I'll be launching a new app soon and I kinda put a coming soon page for it out there.

Online Marketplace for Sweepstakes, Contests and Giveaways | Doorluck

In order to have a successful launch I need email addresses...

What needs to be improved on the page? How could I get more signups?

A few people told me I should put screenshots of the app in order to get more signups... Should I???
    Louis-Pierre
    Founder of Doorluck
    http://doorluckapp.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I don't really know what your app will do . It will give users promotions for completing a task or what?
    2. why do I have to confirm my email?
    3. the 3 users in exchange for early access is very good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site dose not have information enough to i know what is your site, what it use for ? What benifit will i get ?

It seem to have only a text box to fill emails, of course I don't add my email in it. No reasons to visitors trust you. You should add more information to clarify your purpose, your site's feartures, proofs of your statements and provide a demo without enter an email ...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

First thought, the pre-launch page is nicely designed and have a professional feel with the image on the left shows that something great that relates to gold/treasure/simply money is coming our way right behind the door. Very nice job.

The 2nd thing and a very important factor, for someone to give you their email addresses, they will need to be persuaded that your app is really good/something that they are looking for, so more information are need or maybe a video presentation to explain more about your app to convince them. With a little encouraging like giving away some free stuffs or discounts to your app after signing up will work wonders too.

I understand that the page is for pre-launch but as explained by you, email addresses are crucial to your success for the launch of the new app, so the more you should make it more enticing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racoder View Post
    1. I don't really know what your app will do . It will give users promotions for completing a task or what?
    2. why do I have to confirm my email?
    1. I don't see what you don't understand about the app... It's a web app that will allow individuals to enter contests and giveaways... what's not clear about it?? How would you rephrase that??

2. Having real email addresses is very important when launching a product... By confirming these addresses, I make sure I get real/valid emails and not spammy ones.

Thx for your feedback
    Louis-Pierre
    Founder of Doorluck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultiman View Post
    You should add more information to clarify your purpose, your site's feartures, proofs of your statements and provide a demo without enter an email ...
    I would love to "provide a demo" but since the product is under development, It'll be released further along the road... That's why I am putting a coming soon page online...

Thx for the feedback
    Louis-Pierre
    Founder of Doorluck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant_Designs View Post
    ...they will need to be persuaded that your app is really good/something that they are looking for, so more information are need or maybe a video presentation to explain more about your app to convince them. With a little encouraging like giving away some free stuffs or discounts to your app after signing up will work wonders too.
    I really like the feedback you gave me here. Great ideas... I will definitely dig deeper into that!

Very appreciated...

Thank you
    Louis-Pierre
    Founder of Doorluck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lpdahito View Post
    1. I don't see what you don't understand about the app... It's a web app that will allow individuals to enter contests and giveaways... what's not clear about it?? How would you rephrase that??

2. Having real email addresses is very important when launching a product... By confirming these addresses, I make sure I get real/valid emails and not spammy ones.

Thx for your feedback
    you need to state clearly that peoples emails will be treated with privacy and not sold to 3rd parties etc etc etc... it is an easy small measure to increase trustworthiness.

i too am a little confused about the purpose of the app. something i learned in a social communications course is this:

"when communicating to an audience, you have to make sure you are being understood. there is no point talking when no one receives the message. you could be talking to a room full of medical doctors about physics and no one in the room would understand a thing UNLESS you used layman terms instead of technical terms.

"people are generally clever, and smart, but not necessarily well versed in technical terms from specific fields. The terms you use might seem basic and rudimentary -to you- but they really, honestly, are not to others. even though words like interactive , marketing, platforms, sweepstakes, etc. might be used by every one almost daily, when they are at your site they want to know how you intend them to mean. So spell it out. you want email sign ups right?"

most people think marketing is advertising, rather than information gathering. spell out what you will be offering. will you be collecting market information for small business owners to better server their clients? sign me up! but right now i haven't signed up because i don't know what you will do or on what platforms specifically.

you just need to use laymans terms so the average small business owner (like me, who is trained in my field; but knows little about marketing and so on) knows what you actually do and how it can help me. I am interested in advertising and marketing on social media platforms, does that include smart phones? i just dont know, because, while im not an idiot, im not certain about the technical definitions of these words.

it really is important to make sure your message is understood by other people, or else it is lost.