SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Screen Window Opener Script

I am using this script on my images gallery, cause I think it looks good with the tooltip script as well, but I would like to keep this ONLY for the image gallery, but once you get into full screen mode, all links on the site will open like that!
    I wanna create a kind of path, so that people will look everything on the gallery, then go back to the index and the index "would" open in normal mode, although it doesn't. How can I make one link in a full-screen mode page open in a normal mode?

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp 5 - full screen mode! She canna handle it captain!

OK, from your source code I can see you are talking about
    Code:
    /*Image w/ description tooltip- By Dynamic Web Coding (www.dyn-web.com) Copyright 2002 by Sharon Paine Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com for this script*/
    But I don't notice any problem with the behaviour of other pages in "full screen mode" (not that I understand what full screen mode is exactly )

I'm looking at your site using IE5.5 on win98

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe he wants his gallery page to be in full screen mode, but the rest of the site just maximized, all without opening a new window. Correct?
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know....But I thought I had posted this maybe on the wrong section, that's why I posted again there.... sorry about that.

Well, I the version of my site that is available online is an old one, I am working on a new one at the moment and is on this one that I wanna put the full screen mode.

Full screen mode is when the window spans all over your screen, like if you were watching a dvd or something on your computer, it doesn't look like you're on the internet anymore, it looks really cool cause it seems like you're somewhere else, so all the bars on your browser disappears. And I think that doesn't work very well with the other pages, only with the gallery. The other pages have to be in normal mode, with the bars and stuff.... there isn't much to do with being maximized or opening a new window. The full screen mode opens a new window already, but when you get out of it it automatically closes, so you don't actually notice is a new window. Maybe what I could do is put the link to the gallery as a button closing the window, you know what I mean? But how can I do that? How can I add a button to close a window?

Anyway, go here to check out the script in action:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window1.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    onclick="window.close()"
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, it doesn't work this command. Would you have a special sript to close the window you're viewing or something?