0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web hosting and design business website

Hi,

Can you please review,

Invicta Webs

At the moment I'am interested in the AESTHETICS of the website:

E.G. What do you think of the colour scheme, look, feel, fonts, text, pictures, logos etc?

How would you do things differently?

I'am not interested in reviews of the code etc at the moment this is just a quick and dirty mock up test run in html tables when everything is working and looking OK I will attempt to transfer it to CSS.

Thanks,
    Invicta

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first the site loaded i nearly missed the top navigation bar, make it a bit more prominent. The items under "Your hosting includes" section might look good if the line spacing is increased.
    In choose your hosting package, i think the font on the green bar can look better if its bold. You can center align the copyright line
    Last edited by BushTag; Jul 7, 2011 at 03:14. Reason: Incomplete post

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, CSS is unique but color combination is OK. Navigation is simple and effective as per your niche and easy to understand.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a really nice site. A smooth color scheme and layout makes ur information very presentable and nice to look at.

The logo can use a symbol, and the top menu should use rollovers.

Consider making a contact form submitter.

Overall keep up the great work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Currently it's hard to find links in your content. Try to use underline for links.
    2) Change the style of "Buy now" button to the same as "read more" (light blue image)
    3) BushTag is right, top navigation = main navi on your site and you should think how to attract attention to that. For example you can use navi-line with bigger height and and try to use there blue color with white fonts (like on read more button).
    4) bottom navi is too simple, try vertical lines to separate columns.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the colors and the design. The links on top are fine (could be slightly bigger), but they definitely need a top-padding so they're not crowded.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the color scheme as it works really well. The navigation is simple and easy to use. The top of the home page could have a little work done, maybe re-think the logo, it doesn't stand out enough.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is excellent.
    Well thought out, well, of course. Text fonts are selected the correct size perfectly ...
    On site layout is made in compliance with the standards everywhere pokazyvaetsya correctly.
    I really liked. The work is done well

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Thank you everyone for the brilliant feedback. I have implemented some of the suggestions and the website has now been updated.

Check it out:

Click here to go to Invicta Webs

Please tell me what you think.

Thank you,
    Invicta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When your website loaded i thought there will be menu over color but there is no such thing, can you darken green text color on blue background and also the footer links color are not matching the site, maybe you need to use white color on black/grey background.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply musicbox. Its those little things that take somebody else to point out that make a big difference in the quality of work. Will look into your suggestions on the next edit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there I have some comments, hope you will find useful

First impression, really nice website. It gives me a clear message, I feel from the site and the design you primaraly are a hoster.

Personally I would include more white space and a lighter background as that would draw more attention to the content rather than your design. I read a quote not so long ago that said " great design should be experienced and not seen, so your goal should be to hook in the fish that visit your site and ask yourself, why would people stay, why would they invest in you and what can you offer that no body else offers. In this case make a focal point. Find one or two things that you want the eye to be drawn to straight away and keep them engadged them quality content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's too dark. Try more contrast between text and background.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need fix CSS..

I'm use Chrome (CSS load bad to me)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is a tad dark. I would also show some images related to web design on the homepage. You do web design and hosting but hosting is the only imagery on the page.

If I only had 5 seconds to look at the site I would say you just do web hosting. We don't read first, we look at the images first. Hope that helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice design but if change bit main menu and headline colors.

you can better if use css, it's more like PSD to html

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally really like the colors, and the picture of the servers up top is a great addition, although I'm not sure if you want all the stuff to stay there on every single page, because it makes the user scroll down to see what they just clicked for. Also, the top navigation bar is really plain looking to me and the options just don't pop out. Try some different styles/background color changes on focus perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I like the site, colors, structure and design in general )

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, I had a positive impression:
    The color scheme seems nice, the website was well-structured and easy to navigate, the text was legible, and the overall feel is professional.

One thing that was momentarily confusing was the fact that every time I clicked on a link, I was confused by the fact that the first top half of the website always looked the same. It always took me a second or two to realize that what WAS changing was the content below the default information (if that makes sense).

Also irritating was the fact that I had to always scroll down in order to get to any new content after clicking a link. I would suggest making it clearer that things are changing, more clearly delineating the boundary, or perhaps removing or shortening the top half (except from your home page).

Also, maybe try subtly changing the colors or something when you roll over the nav bar on top?

But overall, nice work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is very clean and easy to cognitively retain. However there is no search, this might seem like an over the top request, but a Google tailored site search can display all the pages for the whole site, and as users have come to expect search why not oblige.
    The site map is just a replication of all the links below the page fold, if the site needs to get bigger get rid of the links and display the site map, in the other situation get rid of the sit map and keep the links.
    On background colour, Black back grounds look nice but do limit the effectiveness of most dark coloured text, an example would be the green text, a lot of males suffer from some form of colour blindness, Red and Green especially and there could be problems with some users not seeing the text at all.