View Poll Results: What's the Good Word? You Decide!
- 25. You may not vote on this poll
Entry #1- How to Be a Successful Dater in 10 Lessons
Entry #2- Solo Power
Entry #3-The Adventures of a Food Animal Sheep
Entry #4-An Elegy on Lost Love
Entry #5-Managing Those Tricky Projects
Jun 6, 2011, 12:17 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- Winona, MN USA
- 142 Post(s)
- 2 Thread(s)
What's the Good Word Contest Poll. Vote NOW!
This poll is the final judging for our What's the Good Word Contest. Actually, it's the only judging! We (boo hoo ) only had five entries, so we fired all the judges and we are leaving it up to you to decide on the winning entries.
To make it fair, the entries below are posted anonymously. So read through them all and cast your vote for the one you think is best!
Our list of good words is:
- abditory: a place for hiding things
- acclumsid: clumsy, numbed or paralyzed.
- boondoggle: a project that arguably wastes time and money.
- defenestrate: to throw out of or jump from a window
- eleemosynary: referring to charity or philanthropy
- fanfaronade: empty boasting
- floccinaucinihilipilification: estimation that something is valueless.
- gamut: entire set or range of..
- gobbledygook: gibberish
- interregnum: the period between one ruler/leader finishing and the next one starting (lit. between kings)
- ninnyhammer: basket case; one who is overly nervous
- paradigm: an ideal, a model, a prototype, an archetype
- paraprosdokian: a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part.
- sphygmomanometer: The blood pressure thingy
This poll runs until June 13th (a lucky number indeed ) so vote NOW!
We'll pair up the entries with the authors next Tuesday and award the prizes.
NOTE: Please! No comments in this thread. Use it to read the entries and vote. You may post any comments in the original "kickoff thread". However, absolutely no campaigning for any entry is allowed here, whether or not it's your entry. Of course, the contestants may vote for their own entry. (Who wouldn't? )
Good luck to our five contestants and thanks for entering!
Last edited by Shyflower; Jun 6, 2011 at 16:21.