SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joomla Vs HTML based Website

Which one is better designing language regarding in mind Search engine friendly Facts.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Joomla is not a language, and a 'Joomla website' in the end is just HTML/JS code like any other site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But we to do lot of efforts making url search engine friendly. Lots of changes have to be done a big deal. wastage of time. Dont u think so.

<snip/>
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; Jan 25, 2011 at 02:46. Reason: please wait a total of 90 days to expire to avail of a signature

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    SE friendly urls is something most (if not all) CMS's support. It's been a while since I last used Joomla, but I'm sure it's just a matter of some setting in the admin panels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla tends to be weak out of the box with SEO. Take a look at Wordpress first.

SitePoint Enthusiast Chronister's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccifastnet View Post
    Which one is better designing language regarding in mind Search engine friendly Facts.
    Joomla is a content management system. Ultimately, it all depends on how you setup your keywords as to how your web page is optimized for search engine results. I second the previous poster and also say that you should look at Wordpress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccifastnet View Post
    But we to do lot of efforts making url search engine friendly. Lots of changes have to be done a big deal. wastage of time. Dont u think so.

<snip/>

I don't believe so. Joomla has options for SE friendly urls. you can mention your urls as you go on adding new pages.
    For SE friendliness, another thing I can mention here, do you know www.anydomain.com/about is more friendly than www.anydomain.com/about.html... which can only be attained by a CMS like Joomla rather than normal html sites?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla is completely different to wordpress, as is drupal and all have their strngths and weaknesses. It is true that wordpress does have the biggest chunk of the marketshare and that is primarily down to its extensive library of plugins and the fact that it comes seo friendly right out of the box with only a few settings needed changing in the admin panel.

Joomla on the other hand is better when it comes to handling medium to large sites, this is something that wordpress fails at. Joomla is a content management platform and wordpress is and always will be a blogging platform.
    I dont prefer one over the other, in fact I use both.

My own website uses wordpress as its only small but I use joomla if I have to, the learning curve on drupal is crazy. You can teach a six year old joomla. Trust me on this the six year old these days are more clued up than you realise!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this link to know the differences b/w Joomla and HTML based Website

http://www.annecampbelldesign.com/se...la-vs-html.htm

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTML based is the best for SEO but you should not use this approach if your site have a lot of content and have content update frequently. In that case, you should use a CMS like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress... IMO, until now, Wordpress is the best for SEO.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thietkeweb View Post
    HTML based is the best for SEO [...] In that case, you should use a CMS like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress...
    What do you think the pages created by any CMS you see in your browser are made of?
    That's right: HMTL
    IMO, until now, Wordpress is the best for SEO.
    Why?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guido2004 View Post
    What do you think the pages created by any CMS you see in your browser are made of?
    That's right: HMTL

Why?
    I know man, I used to be a programmer and now mostly working on SEO. I had used a lot of CMS. So I know how the pages created by CMS. For browser, they are all same. But for SEO, there will be something different.

I don't know if you've ever used wordpress but I see wordpress do onpage SEO pretty well, especially if you install SEO plugins. You also can have SEO white papers update with a lot of good SEO articles while you are logging in your ACP.

And if you are SEO expert, any CMS is ok. But Wordpress is good for starter.

And they are all just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla is good for medium-large websites you update every day. A static HTML/CSS website is good for a portfolio or something smaller that isnt updated often.

SEO can be good on either just work at it, but remember its not just on-page, off-page too.

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you use Joomla and need SEO features, use the sh404sef plugin. Note that it's not free anymore. The built-in features in Joomla are not very helpful.

If you're not already locked into a CMS, I would instead suggest wordpress, as it does provide some minimal SEO features out-of-the box, and has a number of plugins available, such as this WordPress › WordPress SEO by Yoast « WordPress Plugins and this WordPress › All in One SEO Pack « WordPress Plugins
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cluongo View Post
    but remember its not just on-page, off-page too.
    Yes, that's why I said: if you are SEO expert, any CMS is ok. But Wordpress is good for starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Flow View Post
    If you're not already locked into a CMS, I would instead suggest wordpress, as it does provide some minimal SEO features out-of-the box, and has a number of plugins available, such as this WordPress › WordPress SEO by Yoast « WordPress Plugins and this WordPress › All in One SEO Pack « WordPress Plugins
    I'm using SEO Ultimate, what do you think about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, personally use html when every I can. I do this for the reason as I know each and every bit of code that goes into my website. I know what it does, and I know how it works. With something like Joomla, I am not going to spend hours upon hours reading all of the code and figuring out how the system works. Like said above, If you update your site daily, go with Joomla. If you are not very good with html, go with Joomla. If you want to know your website inside out like me and know what each bit of code does, go with HTML. Not to say that you cannot know what each bit of code on Joomla does, but it might take some time to figure it out.