SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Formatting a Job Application

Ok, I normally try not to ask such open-ended questions, but I have been stuck for days.

I am building the HR section of a client site and have a form that is the job application. This data goes into a database and can be redisplayed by the admins, so they can view the apps.

My problem is that I can't settle on an easy-to-read way to format the form and the redisplay application data. I was just going to build a complicated table, but even that has me stumped as to things like do I put the field name next to the data (or input box) or do I put it above it or below it.

Has anyone seen a job application form that they really liked or do you have any other ideas for me?

By the way, the application is quite long and involved. I have a PDF of the paper form if someone would be willing to take a look. I can email because the forum won't upload it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you defintely want to go with the field name to the left of the date box. Is there some reasons a standard table of two columns and however many rows isn't going to work in this situation?
    www.treelinestudio.com
    Online Showcase of works by Canadian Watercolour artist David Brougham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the reason that common layout may not work is that the application is very long. If I put one piece of data on each line, it would just be ridiculous.

I thought about doing a multi-page form, but I think a lot of people would just quit if I do it that way.

Thanks for the input, I think I am just about there, maybe I can give a link in a day or two.