SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running an executable from a submit button

I have a camera that I would like to have send a snapshot to my browser at my request. I would like to send it a movement command and based on the angle of the camera I need to run an executable to flip the image so that it is right side up.

Running the executable is my problem. I have been learning PHP and MySQL. I would eventually use MySQL to store the picture pathes for archiving.

Question: Can a PHP form be used to submit the movements to the camera and have an executable run to flip the image if the movement of the camera reaches a certain angle.

I have been playing with the exec() and passthru() functions, but have not be successful.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Scott

Forum Mathematics Geek Agent Dwarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have recieved some kind of software with the camera that might explain how to do this.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image is coming from a remote camera. The camera is self contained with a mini computer and a frame grabber program. Then a .jpg image will be sent to the file server and acessed by the website.

That is where I have to work from. Thanks for the reply though.
    Scott

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to re-word this problem to see if I can spark any more input.

If someone knows how to take a page with an image on it and have a submit button pass two variables that are input from the page to an executable stored on the server, then refreshes the page when the executable has finished doing it's thing, I would be forever grateful.
    Scott