SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://bestcoupondiscounts.com/

Please advice me how to improve my coupon site?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1, the page doesn't have a h1 tag, which is not good for SEO
    2, the border of the images is blue, which is same with the links, that makes me feel boring.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the simplicity of the design, but i think u should make ur logo more original. The colors are also great, but maybe u want to change the link colors to match ur theme.

Also, on top of the huge savings banner u have info about ur site. I think that should be moved elsewhere ie a dedicated about page. The search form can also be improved if u add the feature that when u click on the text input, search by store will disappear.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technocliq View Post
    I like the simplicity of the design, but i think u should make ur logo more original. The colors are also great, but maybe u want to change the link colors to match ur theme.

Also, on top of the huge savings banner u have info about ur site. I think that should be moved elsewhere ie a dedicated about page. The search form can also be improved if u add the feature that when u click on the text input, search by store will disappear.

Good luck!
    Thanks a lot!
    Now I'm trying to improve my site and I'll keep in mind your advises!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Aeksis!

Back to sqls' valid SEO point, I noticed that the URLs of your categories aren't "search engine friendly". If you click any category, lets say "Airlines" for example, the URL is .../categories/category_n2.htm.
    I think it would be better to change it if you can to .../categories/airlines.htm

The website overall looks great, must have taken you quite some time to put together and keep up to date.

All the best,
    George

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, for me it looks like one of those fake pages that you see when you type the wrong url. You definetly should try to set a brand here, create a smart logo and try to engage the users with your website. So here are some considerations:

1 - I miss a call-to-action button
    2 - The logo needs to be more original and well designed
    3 - The search should be placed on the left side, not centered
    4 - You could try to use a bigger width for your website and create an phone version

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site. It's simple and easy to navigate. But you may want to change the fonts coz some readers will see your site as a SPAM site. If you know what I mean. Try to make it appear as simple and yet legit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    I like your site. It's simple and easy to navigate. But you may want to change the fonts coz some readers will see your site as a SPAM site. If you know what I mean. Try to make it appear as simple and yet legit.
    thanks for review.
    Could you please explain what do you mean "change the fonts"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many links, I'm not even sure which link to follow. I don't like the banner, the fonts are jagged. What other site normally do is they put a nice picture of what they are selling. Maybe you can do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorasmi View Post
    There are so many links, I'm not even sure which link to follow. I don't like the banner, the fonts are jagged. What other site normally do is they put a nice picture of what they are selling. Maybe you can do the same.
    Thanks, now I'm working to improve the fonts. but about pictures that's bit difficult I don't sell! I just give you info how and where to get discount!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a look on your site and like it. Especially the organization on the left ( never seen such one before ).
    What can you imporve:
    1. add more sites ( saw you have 600 it's good but ... more improve your chances of selling)
    2. Promote your site so that you get more backlinks / indexed pages in the site.

Is this custom made?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a huge amount of info on the main page & i got bored before I read more than a line or two. If I was specifically searching got that kind of site I would read more, but if I stumbled across it by accident, it would not catch my attention.

Would it be possible to list the 10 most popular, or 10 newest etc etc on the top of the main page & then link to the full lists?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I think you have done a good job with the website there.

The only issues I can pick up on that may seem a bit like nitpicking:

1) The logo (Best Coupon Discounts) seems a bit off (for me) i'm not sure if you intend it to look the way it does but it doesn't seem 'smooth' it seems a bit pixelated on my computer. Is there any way of improving that?

2) Nothing really stands out. There are a lot of links on that page and I felt a bit overwhelmed.

Cheers,
    Invicta

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the front page and the layout of the menu's and available coupon codes. One thing that I dont like about the design is the header and the logo. The logo is a GIF with no matte so the edges look grainy, you would be better off using a transparent png.

With regards to the coding, you are using tables. They are outdated and messy and should be avoided where possible. You also have css in your head section which you could include within your external css file.