User Tag List

Thread: MySQL CONCAT

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MySQL CONCAT

Hi guys, I am trying to concatenate the following aliases; monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday. And I am encountering an error like
    Unknown column 'monday' in 'field list'
    So far, this is my query, can anyone help me how to concatenate the days from monday to sunday. Thanks in advance.
    Code:
    SELECT schedule.subjcode, subjdescription,
      if(schedule.monday_am='', char(32), CONCAT('M: ',schedule.monday_am,'-',schedule.monday_pm,char(13))) AS monday,
      if(schedule.tuesday_am='',char(32), CONCAT('T: ',schedule.tuesday_am,'-',schedule.tuesday_pm, char(13))) AS tuesday,
      if(schedule.wednesday_am='',char(32), CONCAT('W: ', schedule.wednesday_am,'-',schedule.wednesday_pm, char(13))) AS wednesday,
      if(schedule.thursday_am='', char(32), CONCAT('TH: ', schedule.thursday_am,'-',schedule.thursday_pm, char(13))) AS thursday,
      if(schedule.friday_am='', char(32), CONCAT('F: ',schedule.friday_am,'-',schedule.friday_pm, char(13))) AS friday,
      if(schedule.saturday_am='', char(32), CONCAT('SAT: ', schedule.saturday_am,'-',schedule.saturday_pm, char(13))) AS saturday,
      if(schedule.sunday_am='', char(32), CONCAT('SUN: ', schedule.sunday_am,'-',schedule.sunday_pm)) AS sunday,
      absences.totalabsences FROM schedule INNER JOIN absences ON absences.subjectcode=schedule.subjcode
      INNER JOIN subjectinfo ON subjectinfo.subjcode=schedule.subjcode

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this MySQL?

if so, please post your create table statements for the two tables and clarify what you are trying to do. I guess you are trying to display 'opening hours' or 'trading hours' like this:

Mon: 0900 - 1700
    Tues: 1000 - 1600
    etc

if so (i may well be corrected), I would store my data differently and then format the output in the scripting language.

bazz

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    what exactly does "concatenate the days from monday to sunday" mean?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @r937: The purpose of concatenation is for me to place the information in the report designer - Crystal Report.