User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SpatialVoid, don't be too greedy :P
    Well, now it does look better. "About me" has almost all information I may want to hear. Contact form is good and spam-protected. Even portfolio is done in a good way ("Perhaps you would like to check another time. Thanks for the understanding!").
    At the moment, I do miss portfolio: it is the only way to understand what sites you can create, what is your style. My personal dislike towards grey/black colours may be only my personal taste.
    When the portfolio is finished with at least some 3 works - the site would just look as it should be.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I don't like the design... The color scheme is weird.... It's difficult to read... Nothing really stands out...

I suggest you google "portfolio sites" or related keywords to find some good examples of what's done out there...

Keep it up!
    Louis-Pierre
    Founder of Doorluck
    http://doorluckapp.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks looks like mostly everyone has problems with the color scheme... well that was how the site was designed to look like.

You either love dark grey color themes or you hate them.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SpatialVoid, you don't need to think grey/black theme is a problem. For some people (like me), this scheme is not wellcome: I would never make my own site grey/black. But then, it is your personal taste. Maybe your style is to make only from grey/black and to prove to everyone that this scheme is excellent one. I do not question this. After all, people who hate this scheme would always write "I hate this scheme". people who neither love nor hate this scheme, won't write anything - hence a bit disproportion in views.
    The only thing needed is portfolio. Everything else is up to the taste: someone would find dark/grey boring, someone - fascinating.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you fixed the lavalamp menu blob... i like how it comes out from the side now when your on the home page, then dissapears back when you decide not to click on something.

One bug with the menu still though... i found that the blobs themselves arent links, so you have to click on the words to go to the page. BUT... if you miss the word and just click on the blob, it will stay where you clicked it, so its possible for the nav to be telling you that your on the about page when your really on portfolio... etc.

and as far as the gap that i mentioned that you asked about.... its this: it my just be a matter of preference, but i think its a little wierd.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the problem is that if u extend it, if it was a really long page say the about page, then it would just be a stretch of grey with nothing.

i think that would look worse than not covering the background behind. Thanks everyone, consider this thread closed until i finish the portfolio

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks clean to me. I suggest you work out a little with the colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the about page and for a web developer and graphic designer who has been working for 10 years is quite staggering. I realize the competition is rough out there. Your design needs to be a little more elegant. Add some graphics instead of just 'aliens' image. Show your portfolio for 10 years. For fonts I think fits perfectly with the theme of aliens and outer space. I recommend to search for wordpress portfolio theme (premium one) for just a reference. Do connect your site with social networking like twitter etc. Hopefully can help. Thank you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but I don't like the design.The color scheme is too dark, it must be more bright... It's difficult to read your information at pages.I suggest you to view some professionally made examples of portfolios. You can try to searchin Google for inspiration.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to work on the font, and bring more content imagery to the website. Font is difficult to read, design is kind of bland and boring without some more enticing information and graphics.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Spatialvoid,

I agree with most of the other comments, there isn't alot to review. What i will say is that the website was quick to load. I also like the navigation bar alot, i dont see many things like that and its something new for general visitors.
    You also need to get some links in your portfolio so i can check out your other work! I actually do like the colour scheme, its got a sort of futuristic feel to it.

Im not entirely keen on the little man on the left hand side of the page but thats just my view. I think the navigation bar transitions between the links could be a little smoother if possible. Personally if i was looking to hire someone i wouldnt hire you looking at the site as it is now, i dont mean to be harsh but thats just me being honest. However i do think with further improvement it would better alot of portfolio sites out there, especially the ones ive seen.

I think your on to a winner with a little more work!
    Let me know how it goes, thank you,
    -GG

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know what you are trying to achieve. I've seen many web designers sites being extremely simple but obviously professionally designed. I think yours need a bit more of the professional look.

You have too many kinds of gray. I'd pick a very dark one for the background, and then a couple more and use them everywhere. Also, and this might be just my taste, I'd use a dark orange everywhere you are using blue. Dark grey and orange combine nicely.

The arrow at the bottom pointing up is almost outside the circle. This looks like a careless mistake.

Perhaps you should make the guy on the left smile a little. It has a bit of an old grumpy guy feel to it. And I think this feeling will subconsciously influence possible customers. Here's an example for a cute looking robot:

http://www.webharvy.com/images/webharvy.png

The 3d design doesn't matter. Just the shape (big head, round belly, like a baby). Not saying you should copy that robot just trying to give you a contrast.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id say the font in the nav is not the easiest font type/colour to read, and looking at yout title tags, you havent optimied them, so definately get into some SEO otherwise peeps on the net will never find you..

Apart from that its looking good! :-)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're a joke, then come down)))
    If you really want to show it to people that you bring only harm themselves
    I just opened the site, and I have already climbed layout.
    Design - where is he?
    Usability - did you hear about this?
    In general urgently to corner)))

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have to say i dont like this design, the javascript your using for one doesnt work and the design its self, for a web developer is over all low in quality. a re-design would be needed, it looks to cheap.

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    thread closed.
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....