SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please review our task list site

This is a site let the people publish/share/match/assign the tasks. We just published the site for two months and still in funding phase. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Fungibilis - share your tasks and make life easier

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are still in funding phase. Once it's done, we are going to hire more designers. I'll definitely check these websites at that time. And I will try to change the logo and header meanwhile. Really appreciate your comments.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The search bar may be quite difficult for the user to understand. Try to keep things as simple as possible. For example, you can probably approximate the zipcode by using a free webservice to find the location of the ipaddress.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin, thank you for your input.

You are right, the search box should keep simple, and we also have the advanced search input. So I removed the zipcode and type part in the main search box. If people really want to search some detailed tasks, they can try to create task to match, most of the shared tasks are open for friends only in reality.

By the way, the zipcode here is not for the user location. Most of the case, like for events, sports, travel or a lot of tasks won't happen in the place where go online. And the ip address is not accurate either since most of the internet provider are centralized.

Will have a meeting with VC tomorrow, still work on my ppt. Thank you, guys.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting concept to social networking. I hope it works out for you.

The site seems a bit all over the place to me. On the home page for example, I can see recent tasks, then group tasks and then I'm hit by a whole bunch of directories which can be a little overwhelming.

When I login as a guest the site seems to make much more sense to me. I would work on finding a common ground between the homepage and the user GUI.

Also on your homepage, I believe special is spelled incorrectly.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Cheers,

~DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool idea but the design could look a little slicker.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by betterwork View Post
    Very cool idea but the design could look a little slicker.
    I agree. According to my opinion, site design should be changed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, thank you for your comments. We will work on the design for sure.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As with some of the other people commenting, I would definatley make the design a little bit more web2.0. the idea is good. Good luck.

Phil.

I'm not a human
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The layout looks good and nice structure .

I've some suggestion to make.

Please remove the hover color change for search box, it looks odd and if u can make the border of search box thinner. And make changes to the login to make it clearly visible.

Also when u hover the forgot password and other links u make them bolder and it makes the links juggle little bit because of the increase in font size.. Either make enough space between the links so that they are not juggling while hovering or just change color on hover instead of bold...

In the inner content pages, the title is not floated to the top. Make it to be pleasing..

Other than this is fine.. And if u r using openid, use the logo instead of text..
    Regards,
    Vijay
    Follow me on twitter @vijaycbe
    World Holiday Calander || My Cricket Blog

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept. I would like to drop in a few suggestions. The title on the forgot password says "Resent password'. Don't you think it should be Resend Password?
    And even i think you have tried to put everything on the home page itself. I missed site navigation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea for a site.

My suggestions, make the site look more modern and make the page come right up to the left margin, it doesn't all fit on my screen.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the concept. I'm not sure of origin of domain name? Also color scheme seems a bit anemic with no pop. Regarding css and content, there are a number of grammatical and font class inconsistencies on the About page. Speaking of About pages, would it be so bad to actually provide some substantive "About" info? It seems that many sites "hide" as many tangible business facts as possible so maybe I am missing something here. Hiding does seem to lessen credibility.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept is a good idea.

The site design is a bit dated looking.

The text is poorly written. I can only assume that English is not your first language. Given that you are presenting a site in English, you need to make sure your text is well-written.

Many native English-speakers will reject your site, no matter how good the concept is, if you do not express your ideas fluently.

Let's look at some of your text...

Fungibilis let the people share and match the tasks. After creating a list of tasks, you can find who else have the similar tasks or the opposite tasks.
    Would perhaps be better written as...
    Fungibilis lets people share and match tasks. After creating a list of tasks, you can find others who have similar tasks or complementary tasks.
    I'd reword it even more, but wanted to at least stay close to what you wrote. Probably change "people" to "you" to make it more personal.

If you are serious about this project, hire a native English speaker to edit your text.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the idea! The design is also fine.
    However, I can't find too much useful information. How will you attract users to post their tasks?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the concept... the site seems confusing,and not well laid out. Someone earlier said it needed to be more modern...I agree.

Also, needs to be designed with more smartphone integration.

Keep at it and please update us when you get going again.
    Last edited by ralph.m; Jun 6, 2011 at 17:18. Reason: removed broken link

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color scheme lacks punch. The green border doesn't match (especially the hover state).
    Here are three colors to try together.
    4877A5
    1E3B58
    B2655F

The graphics are pixelly
    The background pattern is weird. Would be better solid.
    In general make the padding the same all around the elements and give the elements a little more room to breath.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think people need to know what fungibilis is right from the outset - I'd maybe put that on a separate page and link it from the home page. That would free up that valuable bit of space on the home page for something more important.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others have said. I like the idea of the site, but the design could do with a bit of work. I dont like the way you hae overlapped the first box over the header. I also think the header could be layed out a bit better, maybe bring it in to be the same width of the boxes below.

You are using tables for the whole site which are now outdated and I try to avoid these as much as I can as things can get messy. It is much better to use divs and css. I also notice some css in your coding, you could include that within your external css file to tidy things up a bit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easy to understand, but I have a little rule of design, a chur it simple. No what is beautiful. All the same site is dedicated to discounts, event ... but there must be all the juicy ..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the logo is very low in quality, you are trying for speed but you have gone to far there. the general layout is bad and looks slightly 90s and outdated

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I viewed your site. I must say I have never seen anything like it. I love the way you set it up to share tasks so a person can get help learning to play acustic guitar etc.. If there has been anything like it before, I haven't seen it. I even thought of signing up myself. I think it is a great idea. Keep up the good work.
    I read some of the other reviews on your site. I understand that it is fairly new and you will improve it along the way. It does need a little more enhancements on the design, but I believe it is a great concept. Take care and good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things stand out to me that would make this design look more professional.

#1. Color- I think the structure of the design and content are great! With a well defined color palette the design would really flow and be harmonious. I'm horrible at picking colors myself, but I have a secret weapon: Browse Palettes :: COLOURlovers

Browse the palettes to get some inspiration and pick colors that communicate your brand. Doing this alone I think would really make your site stand out.

#2. The button edges are aliased. They would pop more and the layout would flow more if they were cleaned up a bit. This can be entirely done in css using border-radius. See this tutorial for example: How To Design A Sexy Button Using CSS - by Lee Munroe

Otherwise good work and never stop looking to improve your design =)

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mediocre concept, mediocre name and mediocre design.