Hi - I'm going through sitepoint's jQuery Ninja book containing an exercise illustrating how to add a simple jScrollPane plugin.
The problem is that when I change the libraries to the latest ones out there it stops working
and I can't seem to put my finger on what the mistake is and is bugging me that I can't figure this out.

The old code (which works) that I have is as follows :

Code JavaScript:
[CODE]
$(document).ready(function(){
  $('#fine_print').jScrollPane({
    scrollbarWidth: 10,
    scrollbarMargin: 10,
    showArrows: false
  });
});
[/CODE]

The old external resources that I am linking are as follows :

Code JavaScript:
[CODE]
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="jScrollPane.css" type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />
 
  <script src="../../lib/jquery-1.4.min.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="jScrollPane.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.mousewheel.js"></script>
[/CODE]

The new external resources (and jScrollPane disappears) that I am linking are as follows :

Code JavaScript:
[CODE]
<!-- styles needed by jScrollPane -->
<link type="text/css" href="new/jquery.jscrollpane.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" />
 
<script src="../../lib/jquery-1.5.1.min.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
<!-- the mousewheel plugin - optional to provide mousewheel support -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="new/jquery.mousewheel.js"></script>
 
<!-- the jScrollPane script -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="new/jquery.jscrollpane.min.js"></script>
[/CODE]

The author replied back to me saying that the arguments given to jScrollPane are different in the new version
One of the samples provided on jScrollPane site is as follows :

Code JavaScript:
[CODE]
$(function()
{
	$('.scroll-pane').jScrollPane(
		{
			verticalDragMinHeight: 20,
			verticalDragMaxHeight: 20,
			horizontalDragMinWidth: 20,
			horizontalDragMaxWidth: 20
		}
	);
});
 
[/CODE]

But i tried looking at the examples and I guess due to my lack of experience cannot figure out whether I am not integrating the examples correctly into the $(document).ready action or I have the libraries linked in the wrong order or something else .

If anyone could kindly assist me with this would be grateful - thanking in advance.