User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DSNLESS Connection Error

Hello All,

I am using PHP5. I am trying to connect PHP5 with Access 2007 using DSN less connection. I am using the following code to connect the database.

$conn = new COM("ADODB.Connection") or die("Cannot start ADO");

// Microsoft Access connection string.
    $conn->Open("DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=E:\\xampp\\htdocs\\ams\\MyPayroll1.mdb");

// SQL statement to build recordset.
    $rs = $conn->Execute("SELECT EmpCode FROM Emp_Mast");
    echo "<p>Below is a list of values in the MYDB.MDB database, MYABLE table, MYFIELD field.</p>";

// Display all the values in the records set
    while (!$rs->EOF) {
    $fv = $rs->Fields("empcode");
    echo "Code: ".$fv->value."<br>\n";
    $rs->MoveNext();
    }
    $rs->Close();

When i am connecting the DB with the above code it's connecting correctly and gives me the result. The DB is in my local system.

But when i used the same code to connect the Access DB which is another system it gives me the following error.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source/b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers<br/><b>Description/b> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.' in E:\xampp\htdocs\ams\test_dsnless.php:7 Stack trace: #0 E:\xampp\htdocs\ams\test_dsnless.php(7): com->Open('DRIVER={Microso...') #1 {main} thrown in E:\xampp\htdocs\ams\test_dsnless.php on line 7

$conn->Open("DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=E:\\xampp\\htdocs\\ams\\MyPayroll1.mdb");

for this code i have replaced with

$conn->Open("DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=\\192.168.1.101\\d$\\xampp\\htdocs\\ams\\testemp.mdb");

Please anyone help me to get out of this error.

Thanks in Advance

Twitter: @AnthonySterling silver trophy AnthonySterling's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the user account which your webserver/pphp is running with have access to that share? I noticed it is an admin share too, which may complicate things.

Use file_exists to see if the process can read the .mdb.
    @AnthonySterling: I'm a PHP developer, a consultant for oopnorth.com and the organiser of @phpne, a PHP User Group covering the North-East of England.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it has no username and password to access the another system.And the mdb file is there. For testing i have created that file and put in the specified location

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your script cannot access that file, you need to resolve this. I would suggest it's a permission issue, start looking into that.
    @AnthonySterling: I'm a PHP developer, a consultant for oopnorth.com and the organiser of @phpne, a PHP User Group covering the North-East of England.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have given permission to everyone. I have tried giving all the permissions like SYSTEM,ADMINISTRATOR,USERS which is in security tab. I have given this permission using rightclick on the file properties and gave permission. Is this is the correct way. Is we need to set any other permission anywhere?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're accessing the .mdb through an admin share (D$), this means the the process on the web server needs to have administrative privileges on the machine hosting the .mdb.

Can you not share the ams folder on 192.168.1.101 directly ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now i shared the ams folder. I am getting the below error.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source/b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers<br/><b>Description/b> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.' in D:\xampp\htdocs\ams\test_dsnless.php:8 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\ams\test_dsnless.php(8): com->Open('DRIVER={Microso...') #1 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\ams\test_dsnless.php on line 8