Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile deal website

Recently started a mobile deal site to gather good deal in 1 place.

I'm in need of some 1st impression,
    Is the load speed fine?
    And is it missing something?

At the moment trying to get mechanism into place to retain traffic - Will look into possibility of a forum - and improve the format so the deal drive the idea home.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some general stuff:
    I would work a bit more on the logo HOTMOBILEDEAL, currently it looks a bit MS Wordish. Maybe add a flame to the HOT, make it stand out with a frame.
    Home page loaded pretty fast for me.
    I would reduce the rate of changing the images in your home page - it is too fast to read. Also the yellow titles are very hard to read in this thin font.
    For each deal, I would make the bottom line stand out in size and font from the other text. Maybe even make a standard representation for all deals with the same terminology.

Some small stuff:
    Maybe I am too old but I dont like the 3D tag navigator - it looks like someone wrote really bad javascript. From a product manager perspective it adds nothing and reduces usability.
    On Chrome, on the Deals page the black footer is overlaying the bottom part of the page (the Facebook box).
    I am not a Google expert but at the least you should have the phrase "hot mobile deal" in your meta description.

Hope this helps.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a tricky concept since people generally only buy one phone every year or 2 so I'm not sure if you'll be able to track repeat visitors.
    Pricetack - sell your goods with automatic markdowns

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey set8up,

Maybe its just my opinion, but the general design is very ordinary. In some cases ordinary is good, but it just doesn't seem to work. Everything is very square and simple.

There is also no uniformity within the design, it seems every button is styled differently... Subscribe, Continue Reading, Comments, Menu. This makes its very untidy.

Even small things like the tool-tips as you scroll across 'Thumbs Up' and 'Thumbs Down' look completely different to the rest of the website.

As far as design goes I feel it is a little too tame for a technology based website...

The Layout as such is spot on, but I think some more time needs to be spent tweaking the look.

I also agree with pbreit... I don't know that the concept has a big market, but all the best!

Regards
    zeanuws

SitePoint Member
    Over Wyre, Near Blackpool, NW United Kingdon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I like the idea, not sure how easy it will be to promote SEO wise against the big fone companies on google etc. I personally like the clean simple design (maybe thats cos I'm old n my eyesight aint what it used to be!)

Not too keen on the logo, think it is a bit plain, but love the top section of the homepage (colours etc) look nice and professional, but the white background further down lets the site down a bit (personal opinon only, no offence intended)

Apart from that, I think its a great idea with potential, providing you can get the necessary traffic to the site.

Not sure if any of that helps, very new to this
    Kind Regards
    John

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept. Maybe more description on what the site is. It doesn’t really tell me anywhere what the site is. Maybe specifiy that it's only in England, since it's in pounds.

Maybe jazz it up with some more graphics or something. Maybe just add some more images, or text, or something that just tells me more about what the site is, what is your target audience… Things like that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs something to bring the whole design together.. Some type of border maybe.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website look good.Logo is looking good.Then layout is ok because you can make it better.Then button also need to reedit because it look dull in your website.Change the color of the button or change the design of the button.Then your website is too in height.Make it shorter.Other than look good.
    My rating:7/10

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think this site is very simple some attraction needed u must work on images should be real and should have a view of back and front view need

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Load speed seemed alright.
    First impression of the design and functionality seems pretty good. I don't see much wrong with it... I like it..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rework your logo, it just doesn't seem professional. The layout could also use a less cookie cutter design but functions for now.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much white space. You're asking your visitor to scroll a lot...immediately.

Smaller graphics would definitely pack things tighter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

A nice little website, im guessing it was made with Wordpress?
    It has a similar format anyway. I really like the navigation bar, its simple and minimalistic yet looks very professional. I also really like the background patterns behind the seperate divisions and tables.

What i am not so keen on is the lack of colour and clutterness. This is just my personal view and i know most people dont follow this but i prefer my webpages to be jam packed full of content. Or at least look like they are jam-packed.
    Im not saying just fill up spaces with whatever you can find or think of, but i think a little more colour and less white space would make the website look a bit more "fuller" . Also i agree that the page is maybe a little long and your asking your visitors to scroll a bit to much.

Overall a nice website though and youve got some great deals on there!
    It'll be nice to see how it develops in the future. Keep me posted.
    Thank you,
    -GG

Edit: Also i'd recommend re-designing your logo, looks a little worn out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the website, mostly of the web2.0 layout that brings out the designs of the mobile phones in the main news feed.

And for loading speed it was just fine. below 1 sec from Sweden.

if there was one thing I would change it would be the white font color on the light green buttons, its hard to see what it says on them

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think simple website uyou should use header which change continously makes more site attractive nand i think you should change color of light green buttons

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

My 1st impression of your website is hard to read text which I am referring to your article text contents, maybe you should try changing the font color to a much darker color (black color fonts will be the recommended color) so it will be easier to read the articles on your white background.

The Logo doesn't seem to suit the website design theme and looks kind of odd. There's no need to change the whole logo though but if you have a logo icon will be great. I will suggest that you need only to change the color of the logo so that it could blend in nicely with your website theme. Maybe a Darker Red for Hot and Bold the Text and Black to Dark Grey for the rest "Mobile Deal"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've done well to get 40 people to "like" the site on facebook, have you thought of having a twitter account? You could post the daily deal, or a hot deal as you get it.

On a technical note, I was using Chrome, and the title you use on the links in the top navigation is obscuring the drop down links. Id' remove the link title if I were you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is well done, everything is clear and accessible to the user. As well as layout issues gone, everything is done correctly.
    Site navigation is excellent, easy. all sections in the aisles dopstupny 3 - 4 clicks.
    Content is also of interest to many reviews actually have the unique information
    Well done, made ​​a good online resource

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that twitter bird. it just following me wherever i go. Your site design is good. smooth tab menu is well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the design is nice, the colors used on the site are nice however i think red color from logo must be removed or changed as its not matching the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i must say that this is simple but great site. i love to read about mobiles so I put you to may favorite

Great job

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id do something about that bird that flies down the screen, its abit random and I personally dont see the point of needing it on the site.
    Id also look at the black space that is to the right hand side of the forum section @ the top of the page, it needs something there to fill the gap or alternatively space the "Deal" "Tip" "Forum" sections apart.
    Youve got a break in your design with the text flowing out of the top black container box, so that needs to get fixed too.
    A good site apart from those things mentioned.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Immediate first impression was that the second box down "featured new posts" looks completely out of place.

Also, i think the "deal link" on the review or offer pages needs to be much more prominent. I had to look for it. It needs to stand out more and be in the users face. You want them to click right? Make it easy for them!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Appropriate style for what you are doing with the site
    - Color palette is right on the money for your target demographic and user
    - I took the time to visit on my iPhone and didn't get a mobile version or a link and for a mobile oriented site that should be important
    - I clicked into "deal by phone" and tried to return home and found the link broken, in fact all of your interior pages contain broken home page links
    - at first I found the twitter bird kind of neat on first load, but it quickly became a tad bit annoying as it followed me around as I scrolled. Some may like it, but for me the repetitive nature became a distraction
    - keep moving the site forward - good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's already pointed out, yes think of more presentable logo. At first sight it was hard to read the text. and somebody already said and I agree, may be a bit touch of hotness to the logo, may stand out more.

It might be just me, the black background for the banner area looked a bit odd with a white background, If it was me I might have gone with text in back with white background stands out more and banner area with some light shaded color(s).

Hyperlinks (continue reading etc) with little bit in the darker shade might be easy to read and will stand out more.

Loading time is good enough for me though. I will be ready to wait for a good content

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to review your site.

Cheers
    Radiant
    Personal Playground: www.sudipmondal.com
    Twitter: @iam_sudip