SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help scoping out a simple web application

Hi,

I am currently in the planning stages of a new project for a web application. Its a relatively simple app but I don't want to make any mistakes when scoping it out or planning the database etc. Thats why i am asking here for some advice.

Basically, thie application will have the following functionality:

- Display textual data from a mySQL database.
    - What data is displayed is decided by the values of a dropdown box from a form field. The form field values will be 'day', 'month' and 'year' for one form and there will be another form with a button to take you to the data for todays date. I need some help working out how to display results filtered by date and also to set a form field value to todays current date.
    - I also need values in the dropdown box that will display data from the last 7 days, last month and display all data.
    - All the data in the database will be controlled from an admin area which should have a login function for the admin user
    - In the databse there will be about 5 different categories of information. I am not too sure of the best way to structure the database.

i know this is a pretty simple app but I would feel more confortable if I had some advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Martin
    Last edited by mcrumlish; Sep 14, 2002 at 02:33.