User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blog Comments

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the commenting also depend upon the kind of moderator a blog has. If he feels that he dont want any link going back to other website the the administrator removes the comment. So it complete depend up on the moderator of that particular blog.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traffic is the key point to have comments leave in your blog. But the important thing is the content that attract your visitors to stay and comment accordingly.

You may search around how successful bloggers drive the visitors to comment their blogs. Then, be yourselves, be the FIRST class of yourselves when write the blog. Your visitors can feel your sincerity from your write-ups and might lead them to comment :-)

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter if you require people to login or not. Some people think it does, but I've seen plenty of blogs (even lesser-known ones) that get lots of comments & require the person to login. I believe that if your content is good enough, people will want to comment regardless.
    TYCP Magazine
    Picspaces - image hosting with unlimited bandwidth
    Hollywood Encountered - submit your celebrity encounters

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't hurt to ask for comments. At the end of each blog post, end with a question... ask reader's opinion. Even ask for the advice of the reader. Anything to encourage discussion but not in a desperate way.
    renkai.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post. Is there a way to filter specific blogs i.e EDU in google?

<snip/>
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; May 28, 2011 at 16:26. Reason: please wait 90 days to avail of a signature

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by learn-direct View Post
    Great post. Is there a way to filter specific blogs i.e EDU in google?

<snip/>
    What does that have to do with this question or content in general?
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been blogging for quite a few years now using the WP platform. Askimet is a little difficult to understand, it definately picks up most spam comments, it generally sees a link as spam unless it is a related keyword. I suggest leaving comments on do follow blogs to generate conversations but they must be relevant to the content.
    <snip/>
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; May 29, 2011 at 05:40. Reason: please wait 90 days to avail of a signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make your blog a dofollow blog and install keywordluv and surely comments will follow. Also, you can try asking a question directed towards your readers at the end of your post. It can help.

<snip/>
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; May 30, 2011 at 05:39. Reason: please wait 90 days to avail of a signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the mystery behind wordpress blog comments? they keep on increasing like hell, but the traffic remains the same???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good traffic + good content= lot of comments

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Writing blog posts people want to read is a matter of speaking honestly and openly about a subject you're passionate about. The more you promote your blog, the more people will find it and the greater likelihood that some of those people will read what you have to say, like it, and return. Therefore, your blog posts need to be dynamic, interesting and enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the most important thing on internet is CONTENT. It plays a vital role in generating traffic and getting good comments..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by James Nyams View Post
    Some blogs have few comments while others have a lot of them. What makes people not comment on a blog even after them having quality and interesting articles? How do you get people to comment on your blog?
    use some "Do follow Plugin", peoples are interested in commenting blogs which allows them to add their link. Once you have added " Do Follow list", let others know that you offering the same

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your blog has good and quality content then you would naturally be getting comments. Despite good content, if you are not getting the comments, then it means the content is not marketed well or the content has not reached the readers. Make sure to do some social media marketing for your content so that It may get virally spread and invite some comments.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    often the comments left are not worthwhile though, and many can be just SPAM. Work on good quality copy and monitor your comments to remove undesirable comments. When visitors see just SPAM I find they are less likely to leave good useful comments.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting people to comment on blogs who are not spammers can be quite a tiring task to achieve.

Generally users will be less inclined to comment on the blog if they notice that no-one else has made a comment before. However, if the blog is riddled with the same spammy comments, then a user may not comment as well.

One way to increase the likelihood of getting a comment on your blog is to end your article with a question or open ended, inviting the user to start a discussion on your topic / subject.

Another way is to offer a link back. You could even start up a competition on your blog for the best comments and reward users who provide rich informative comments on your blog.

Most importantly though, you need to have traffic coming to your blog in order to increase the number of comments. No traffic = no comments.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people will queue to comment on your blog if you establish your name in the chosen topic. So, make yourself famous for something among other bloggers, for instance, by commenting in other popular blogs but to the point and render deep thoughts.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes comments are not there because if no one starts commenting no one starts it
    and where one comment is there people make comments on that comment and so on

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Nyams View Post
    Some blogs have few comments while others have a lot of them. What makes people not comment on a blog even after them having quality and interesting articles? How do you get people to comment on your blog?
    Let them know that you are offering back links to their sites, people want to comment only on the blogs which allow "Do Follow" links

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mathim View Post
    Let them know that you are offering back links to their sites, people want to comment only on the blogs which allow "Do Follow" links
    If the only reason someone comments on my blog post is for a link, then I would just as soon they don't bother to comment at all.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenquad View Post
    Try implementing Keywordluv - you'll get lots of comments
    Or you can use this if you are using wordpress. Like said this can increase comments received.

However, like also said above, it is up to you whether or not the commenter's main objective is to get back links. If you do not want them to just post comments for back links, then this plugin is not for you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get sufficient comments, you have to promote your blog. Many of us think that its enough to post a topic. You should submit your blog in different places. It's very important that people come to know about your blog. You can start by inviting your friends or people you know. Social media is another great platform which could help you to get more comments to your blog.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advices! Thanks so much!

Well, I have been doing the commenting for the past couple of days. For that, I'm looking forward to seeing good results and gaining back some good comments too for my blog. Keeping the faith and never giving up in writing some more comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it mean when the majority of your commenters include links to their own sites. Are they spammers or legitimate commenters. It is hard to tell now that they come up with these clever comments and do it often on your blog posts. Sometimes you wonder if they are giving valid input or just link farming.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartinman View Post
    What does it mean when the majority of your commenters include links to their own sites. Are they spammers or legitimate commenters. It is hard to tell now that they come up with these clever comments and do it often on your blog posts. Sometimes you wonder if they are giving valid input or just link farming.
    If the comment is appropriate and meaningful then leave the comment in, it is a small price to pay to give them a link.

In return their comment might start a discussion.

Sometimes I add a small comment to sites I visit, out of habit I leave my website link, but it does not mean that I am link farming.
    But I would be quite annoyed to have my comment removed because the mod was a bit too strict in his moderation.

FFMG