User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resume Service Site

Hey all,

I've recently finished putting together my new site, and I'd love to get some feedback on what you think does and doesn't work on it. In particular, I'd love to hear what you have to say on the following points:

1. Uncle Sam - is that image too aggressive?
    2. Site Logic - the federal job process is complex, so I'm attempting to simplify it 3. Credibility - Do we seem like we are experts?
    4. Colors - too loud?
    5. Navigation - does it make sense?

Federal Resume and Government KSA Writing Service

Thanks for any feedback!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice clean looking site.

Has a clear statement of purpose, and different key elements are clearly highlighted.

I di notice an omission on the first page...
    "Once we both agree that are qualified for the position..."

Should probably read...
    "Once we both agree that YOU are qualified for the position..."

I suggest getting someone else to look over EVERY page to check for typos, spelling, grammar, etc.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Uncle Sam - is that image too aggressive?
    as for me - no, it is not. It is canonioc Uncle Sam, that's all.
    2. Site Logic - the federal job process is complex, so I'm attempting to simplify it
    I am not an US citizen nor have ever been there...no thoughts about it. Wanted to ask what "KSA" is about...but it got explained and maybe that shortcut is known - so no problems with it.
    3. Credibility - Do we seem like we are experts?
    Yes, you do. Could not find anything that seemed un-logic or over-praised ("we are top company, simply the best in the Universe with extremely low prices and super service"). The only thing I would replace a.s.a.o - that smiling blonde on "About us" page. Almost the same blondie travels almost thorugh every hosting's live chat and alike. Also, I would change the buttons at the top (NRWA, Fedress writer sertification...). They should either point to some adress or function as icons, not to be shortcuts to the same page /# (like www[dot]britneyspears[dot]com/concerts/#".
    4. Colors - too loud?
    No, they are not. A normal scheme.
    5. Navigation - does it make sense?
    Navigation is easy to use, user-friendly. When I came to your site, everything was clear to me.
    Overall, nice looking site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the graphics collections is not good

color combination is also having some high color density making some negative effect in looking

the site navigation structure that you designed is does not make sense if i am crawler then i ill never know about the link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vytautas View Post
    Also, I would change the buttons at the top (NRWA, Fedress writer sertification...). They should either point to some adress or function as icons, not to be shortcuts to the same page /# (like www[dot]britneyspears[dot]com/concerts/#".
    Vytautas, thank you very much for thoughtful review. Regarding above, are you referring to the "Member Of" section? If so, I'm not sure if they should link to anything?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patidarvijay View Post
    the site navigation structure that you designed is does not make sense if i am crawler then i ill never know about the link
    Patidarvijay, thank you for your critique. As a crawler, what link(s) are invisible?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic site! I think the color palette, overall design, and conveyance of professionalism are right on! The image of Uncle Sam is not too aggressive at all. Just a few suggestions, all just my opinion, of course!

1. I would change out the two right graphics under the "Member of" heading. A quick Google search came up with a couple that aren't quite so drab. And I would remove that border around them.
    2. I think the design would benefit from adding some visual interest, such as slow scrolling testimonials. You already have them in place, all you need now is the functionality (or have them fade in and out, if scrolling is too much movement for your personal preference).
    3. I would adjust the margin of the text under the Testimonial heading to the left so it is aligned with the heading. That might bring it all up a line and the bottom of it would not extend beyond the 3 boxes to the left, as it does now.
    4. Make sure you update the copyright date in the footer
    5. Go through all the links and copy very carefully- on the Resources page, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin link produced an error, as did the Defense Logistics Agency link.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your site is very nice. It looks professional and I feel I would trust your service. The one thing I noticed is on the Home page, you have text under the footer links. Maybe you have a reason to put text under the links - but to be consistent - the footers on every page should be identical. And as mickapoo suggested - I would definitely update the copyright date. A federal employee told me that many baby-boomer's that are federal employees now will be starting to retire soon which will open up lots of jobs, so you might have increased business soon!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks great. It has clear actions. Adding more visual stimulation might be distracting.
    The only comment I have is the tagline "We Make Uncle Sam Want You". It is hard to read, and a more concrete statement may be more effective.

-Michael

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your site is very nice. It looks professional and I feel I would trust your service.

I would make "Federal Resume Service for Government jobs" in the header in bold and maybe a size bigger.

Thank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    absolutely fantastic design but you must provide samples for resumes you write.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design, it inspires trust and it is very professional, also like the live help feature and the blue style for buttons and menu.
    The things that i would add is a facebook recommend button, a twitter button and a +1 button, also try to make and a facebook fan page.
    My overall score is 9/10.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good overall design but I would change the call-to-action (Free resume critique) button color to green. It took me a while to find it and I'm assuming it's the same for other users too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is clean and works well. I like the us of the handwritten font within the headers.

I have noticed that the header images seems a little large and could be optimised a little better.

It might be worth looking as using the three colours you picked "Pink", "Orange" and "Blue" as or at least as some of the h tags within the content of the pages.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I really like your design. It is clean and crisp with the right amount of white space. I really like how you have the Uncle Sam picture near the top. Looks like a great site, though it does sort of look like a political theme that was adapted for this purpose. Other than that, great work!

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi -

I generally like the design, I agree with the above feedback that it's clean, balanced, nice use of whitespace and overall pleasing to the eye.

Some thoughts:

- the swoop logo with the 3 starts over it seems a little lackluster to me. also, I feel like I've seen this type of logo a lot and don't really get what it has to do with this concept

- the reuse of the swoop logo in the top/center of the page seems awkward

- the 'live help' button should probably be way up higher - that's a great feature, dont hide it!

The thing that sticks out most to me is "Uncle Sam. He looks great there, and the paper/pen image next to it fits right in . I would like to see that concept throughout. But overall very good.

thanks, Dave
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great website, I think you have done a termendous job for this type of website. I recommend the free resume critiques should be more noticeable. People should be drawn to the word free. It would be a great selling point for you and it needs to be one of the first things people notice when they visit the website. I didn't notice it until the end.
    Founder and CEO of AreYouTaken.com