SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Speeding up my website?

Hey all,
    First off my website is located at www.cdkey4u.com and if you go there, how long does it take for the website to load, i'm on cable and it takes about 7 seconds, way to long for myself. I have made server sites before, this one wasnt supposed to be a real one but now it's popular 3500+ unique a day.. so i decided to get a domain.. but it loads slow (even befor ethe domain ) i belive it's the images i have on there. Think so , if so i'll make some new ones, just tell me what format, i use fireworks mx, but will it be even slower if i use a flash wher eit says CD KEYS 4 U at the top, the big banner?
    thanks alot
    nicklfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, it was fast for me

BTW, this was on top of your page, you should probalby use the same color as the background if you like to hide it

We have Half life,cs,hl,counter strike,starcraft,diablo,diablo2,counter strike cd key,counter strike cd keys,half life cd key,half life cd keys,half life keys,counter strike keys,half life key gen,half life cd key gen,cd key generator,counter strike cd key generator,counter strike cd key gen,counter strike 1.4 keys, half life cd key generators,starcraft cd keys,starcraft cd key,starcraft cd key generator,starcraft cd key generators.

Just for the record. I realy hate searchengine cheater
    chrome is a wrapper that combines a browser with spyware

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the record. I realy hate searchengine cheater
    You tell 'em T! It's a wrotten trick. And it could actually work AGAINST you if you get found out.

Anyway, as regards your question -- it was slow for me (I'm on a 1Mb/sec broadband connection! ) but there's nothing there that appears to slow things down. Which leads me to think it's your host. You get what you pay for on that one fella!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site loaded extremely slow for me, 25 seconds. I'm using dsl. I agree with greg.harvey, it's probably your host, since there's only one big graphic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shiznit lol

Well that's not great,
    Well actually my index where you said everything about all the search engines cheats.. i really put them there for the search engine cause i do have most of those things.. so i'm a honest guy. I meant to make it blend just havnt had the time lol. Yea 25 seconds is a long time, which i'm leading to belive it could be my host as well pft. i dont care 5 bucks a month for what i need it's fine.. it's a buddy of mine so.. no biggie's lol Thanks to all you guys who helped out

nicklfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o ya

I was wondering if somone could help me setup a php or cgi forum board kinda like the uub or whatever it's called , if you know of any good ones... which dont have any advertising on it at all... and you know how to set it up it would be a life saver, honestly i'm not the guy who knows the most about those other lauguages and no one has taken the time to teach me so If you want to help out i would be very appreciative.
    Nicklfire

Forum Mathematics Geek Agent Dwarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the...?

Aren't CD keys illegal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry

these cd keys are only for restoration purposes only

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *ahem* Yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: shiznit lol

Originally posted by nicklfire
    Well that's not great,
    Well actually my index where you said everything about all the search engines cheats.. i really put them there for the search engine cause i do have most of those things.. so i'm a honest guy. I meant to make it blend just havnt had the time lol
    Hones my a**. You know you have metatags to do that. But they doesn't count as much as the words on you page.
    chrome is a wrapper that combines a browser with spyware

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't sweat it. I'v read that keyword lists hidden like that don't actually work. The spiders only look at keywords 'in the context of a sentence'. Cool eh?
    (and they can supposedly 'penalize' a site for spamming, but it's hard to find concrete info on this)
    Btw, I checked and didn't see the site on the first spot anywhere. Only google has it on #4 or 5 with "cd keys" (not "cd key"). If you look at the result you see it didn't come from the list on top but some text somewhere on the page...
    Ah, forgot to mention: spiders are also supposed to be able to spot these kinds of spamming techniques like same color text (making it invisible), which should not be too difficult. They'r also supposed to be able to read external style sheets etc, but am unsure exactly how advanced their anti-spam techniques are...
    Last edited by Guest; Sep 6, 2002 at 14:13.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Originally posted by nicklfire
    these cd keys are only for restoration purposes only
    an honest: lol

but hey, no skin off my back...