Need help with Paypal IPN and PDT

1. Whenever I click my sandbox subscription button, and checkout, I am taken to the thank you page with the transaction always “Pending”. Because of this I can’t figure out how to test my code that requires the payment_status to = “Completed”.

2. My IPN script seems to execute twice for every subscription test I perform. Therefore it’s sending out two emails when it should be sending one. One of these two emails has the date and payment_status=Pending while the other email is missing these variables

Can someone help me with these two issues?

Thanks!

How are you entering the payment? When it is coming from a bank account it takes several days to clear first and will be pending until then. If from a credit card or directly from a Paypal account it should complete straight away.

Stephen, thanks for writing back. To answer your question, I’ve always use the default, which is to have the funds come right out of the test account’s paypal balance. What else might I be overlooking? I’ve been working on trying to get this up and running for weeks. The forums on Paypal’s x.com are horrible.

Would it help if I gave you access to my test page that has my sandbox version of the subscribe button? You can even use my sandbox test buyer account too.

Thanks!