SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jQuery, Colorbox, and IE, ugh...

OK, I'm at my wits' end. Please see the following page: Elliott Design Group :: Welcome to Elliott Design Group. Under the green banner to the right a little more than halfway down the page, you can click on either the thumbnail image or the "Click" text. There are two issues:

1) In all browsers, the Colorbox "window" doesn't size properly on the first try. But if you close it and then click on the thumbnail/link again, it's fine. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that somehow the height of the image in the "popup" isn't being calculated until after the window is created, but I don't know how to change this. I tried using the Colorbox "resize" method, but it didn't make any difference.

2) In IE, the layout of the popup is completely hosed. Here's a direct link to the page that is being presented in the popup so you can see what it basically should look like: Elliott Design Group :: Portfolio. Firefox handles it fine, but IE appears to be completely ignoring most or all of the style rules. Why?

Anyone have any ideas for these two problems? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    For the first issue, it might help to set their height of the image in the CSS (if this is something that can remain fixed):

Code:
    #featurebox_main img {width: 385px; height: 327px;}
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it can't remain fixed, but I'll try it to see if it addresses the problem, and then I can consider storing the dimensions in the database (and generating the necessary CSS on the fly) if there's no avoiding it.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, yes, storing the image dimensions in the database, while perhaps not ideal, isn't too bad, and it does work.

As for the second issue, I had to move the embedded style sheet from between the head tags to between the body tags. I hate to do that, but otherwise IE ignored the styles completely. I don't know how else to make it work.

Thanks again.