SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Restoring MySQL table data?

Hi,
    I just accidentally ran an update query without a where clause, and now I lost everything in my table because it has been replaced with the same exact row for every row in the database. I'm seriously just about in tears right now because I've worked so hard on putting all the data in that table, and so have my users. I'm wondering if there's any way to restore the data that I just lost? I don't have any recent backups because I haven't had time to make them. I'm so damn retarded! Is there anything I can do, or am I just completely screwed? I'm half tempted to just shut down my entire site right now for good. I'm so pissed off at myself! If only I wasn't a damn retard I wouldn't have run that script! Any help would be appreciated greatly.
    + Celica =
    6G Celicas :: My '94-99 Toyota Celica resource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    transactions are your friend and im sorry to say that this is almost always learned the hard way. so how much data did you lose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by -TheDarkEye-
    transactions are your friend and im sorry to say that this is almost always learned the hard way. so how much data did you lose?
    Sigh...I lost all of the data in my parts table. 75 or so records of Celica parts added to my website by me and other registered users, all because I forgot the where clause of my update query. Just yesterday I spent probably 6 hours adding parts too. My users sure aren't going to be very happy about this, even though they're really supportive of the whole site because it's new and everything. I talked to my host and they said they might have a backup that would be fairly recent and they're gonna look into it for me. Thanks.
    + Celica =

Mlle. Ledoyen silver trophy seanf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask your host if they can restore it from backup

Sean
    Harry Potter

-- You lived inside my world so softly
    -- Protected only by the kindness of your nature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked my host if they could restore just the table and they restored the whole database, but it was a fairly old backup, so I lost a few registered members, comments, photos, and a couple articles, and some information, but at least I got around 30 of the parts back. That was Tuesday night and now most of my content is restored. I plan to make daily backups from now on.
    + Celica =